Help Needed -- Can I apply I-140 when my H1-b RFE is pending?

zspochi

I have a pending H1-b RFE and my Perm just got approved last week. Now, my lawyer is suggesting that I should apply for i-140 and once It is appoved then I should reply my RFE because this will make my case stronger. Also, it will allow me to ask for 3 yr extension. Any thoughts??? 

Questions: 

I only have 7 weeks left to reply H1-b RFE, Should I apply I-140 in Premium or regular? 
If i apply in premium is there i high probablity of RFE? the last think I need is 2 RFEs? 
If I apply in regular do you think it will get approved in next 6 weeks?

I have a pending H1-b RFE and my Perm just got approved last week. Now, my lawyer is suggesting that I should apply for i-140 and once It is appoved then I should reply my RFE because this will make my case stronger. Also, it will allow me to ask for 3 yr extension. Any thoughts??? 

Questions: 

I only have 7 weeks left to reply H1-b RFE, Should I apply I-140 in Premium or regular? 

If i apply in premium is there i high probablity of RFE? the last think I need is 2 RFEs? 

If I apply in regular do you think it will get approved in next 6 weeks?

H1 and I140 are completely different. I140 is for your future employment (GC), it should not have any relation to your H1 ext.

What's the RFE about??

I140 processing time is 3-4 months.

RFE is about my Degree even though it is from USA, My lawyer said we need to get evaluated to proof that it is relevant for the job req. Second, they are questioning the months left on my H1- b because this is my last year and my employer applied a one year extension based on pending Perm at that time.

RFE is about my Degree even though it is from USA, My lawyer said we need to get evaluated to proof that it is relevant for the job req. Second, they are questioning the months left on my H1- b because this is my last year and my employer applied a one year extension based on pending Perm at that time.

So is your degree directly related to your H1 job or not??

Once your PERM has been approved, file your I140 under PP.

Archived