Breach of Contract

vs1502

Im working for a company A in USA and Im searching for better opportunities here. I signed contract with a Desi consultancy in USA but I didn’t transfer my visa and I didn’t provide them my documents.

Weeks ago, I got an offer and rate was very very low . But I signed the rate offer and contract somehow. They said I have to take care of my visas (H1&H4) expenses. Then later I just realized that I cant pay that much amount and I said im not taking the offer.

Within 2days I told them that Im not joining their consultancy. But they gave legal notice with attorney name. however I couldn’t see his signature, it was just a word document and emailed to me. I didn’t respond for that as there was not signature of attory etc.

Few days later they again sent me the print out of same word copy without signature of attorney.

1. Should I respond for that?
  2. Or are they simply threatening me?

Please advise what I should do here. I am a legal employer of company A. I am not the employee of that Desi consultancy and I am not sure how they can do this to me.

Please help!

They said I have to take care of my visas (H1&H4) expenses. Then later I just realized that I cant pay that much amount and I said im not taking the offer.

That's 100% ILLEGAL. Just file a complaint against that FRAUD employer and you are good to go.

Paying H1 fee is ILLEGAL, that's nothing but buying US visa.

These empoyers need to be deported, just file a case and you are good to go.

• 3 weeks later...

To the OP:

They said I have to take care of my visas (H1&H4) expenses.

What does this mean? Did the contract have a clause like this? Or you were told verbally to do so?

That doesn't matter, by LAW a person cannot pay his own H1 processing fee. That's nothing but buying their VISA.

Archived