RE; NORI affidavit form for J1-what to fill

stpr

AFFIDAVIT 

1. I came to the United States of America under as an Exchange Programme Student for the period from 

_____________________ to __________________________. The Exchange programme was sponsored 

by the Government of /Agencies of the Government of ____________________ and financed by the 

Government of / Agencies of the Government of _____________________ . 

2. I have not signed any agreement / contract with the Government of India or a State Government or a quasi-Government 

organisation or a University or any public organisation in India by which I have enjoyed any monetary benefits in the form of 

passage money, stipend scholarship or otherwise and have undertaken to return to India after completion of my studies / 

training in USA. 

OR 

I took a scholarship / loan of Rs. ________________________ from (name of the institution) 

____________________________________________ under the National Loan Scholarship Scheme or 

______________________ (any other scheme) during the year _____________, when I was a student at 

________________________ (College/Institution) and I have fully repaid the amount due from me, or I 

have yet to repay the amount of Rs. _________________ 

AFFIDAVIT 

1. I came to the United States of America under as an Exchange Programme Student for the period from 

_____________________ to __________________________. The Exchange programme was sponsored 

by the Government of /Agencies of the Government of ____________________ and financed by the 

Government of / Agencies of the Government of _____________________ . 

2. I have not signed any agreement / contract with the Government of India or a State Government or a quasi-Government 
organisation or a University or any public organisation in India by which I have enjoyed any monetary benefits in the form of 
passage money, stipend scholarship or otherwise and have undertaken to return to India after completion of my studies / 
training in USA. 

OR 

I took a scholarship / loan of Rs. ________________________ from (name of the institution) 

____________________________________________ under the National Loan Scholarship Scheme or 

______________________ (any other scheme) during the year _____________, when I was a student at 

________________________ (College/Institution) and I have fully repaid the amount due from me, or I 

have yet to repay the amount of Rs. _________________ 

It is not a general fill in the blanks question. Tell us your situation and we could help you filling the affidavit.

Hi Jairichi,

The upper part of Question 2 is TRUE. So, its understood that its OR section is not applicable. Should I leave the OR section of Question 2 blank, or put a dash or put NO.

If you have not taken any loan or scholarship under government scheme your answer for the lower part of 2nd question has to be "not applicable"

On the Affidavit portion of this form, for the question-

"I came to the United States of America under an exchange visitor visa for the period from _______ to _______" (The words are based on the affidavit form obtained from the CGI NYC website)

Should one use the dates stated on the DS-2019 ? Or is it sufficient to have a start date (per the DS-2019 and the end date being "Present"

I am in a similar situation in that I am unsure what to put down in that same space-

"Please indicate below the name of the scheme under which you proceeded abroad" (This is on the Bio-Data Form required by the respective CGI Offices; It is located at the bottom of that form just prior to the signatures)

I am currently a J-1 Research Scholar (since 2012). That said, I have been here in the US for my B.A. (2003-2007) (under an F-1 Status) and my Ph.D. (2007-2011) (also under a new F-1 Status)

If someone could address this question in tandem as stpr's (see above) I would be grateful.

Thank you !!

To get the No Obligation Certificate from three Indian govt. agencies, what are the required supporting documents I need to send along with the attested forms (Statement and Affidavit)? Do I need to send the marriage certificate as well?

Have a cover letter and attach a copy of all your degree transcripts, certificates, passport, visa, DS2019, I94.

@Jairichi:

In response to your last message: "Have a cover letter and attach a copy of all your degree transcripts, certificates, passport, visa, DS2019, I94."

Is it ok if the J-1 Visa stamp in the passport is expired ? That said, I have an updated DS-2019 for the new year (Jan 2014 through Jan 2015). I haven't returned to India since I got my J-1 stamp (Jan 2012) which expired in Jan 2013 and hence the expired stamp. 

@Jairichi:

In response to your last message: "Have a cover letter and attach a copy of all your degree transcripts, certificates, passport, visa, DS2019, I94."

Is it ok if the J-1 Visa stamp in the passport is expired ? That said, I have an updated DS-2019 for the new year (Jan 2014 through Jan 2015). I haven't returned to India since I got my J-1 stamp (Jan 2012) which expired in Jan 2013 and hence the expired stamp. 

Yes, expired J1 visa is fine.

I am in a similar situation in that I am unsure what to put down in that same space-

"Please indicate below the name of the scheme under which you proceeded abroad" (This is on the Bio-Data Form required by the respective CGI Offices; It is located at the bottom of that form just prior to the signatures)

I am currently a J-1 Research Scholar (since 2012). That said, I have been here in the US for my B.A. (2003-2007) (under an F-1 Status) and my Ph.D. (2007-2011) (also under a new F-1 Status)

If someone could address this question in tandem as stpr's (see above) I would be grateful.

Thank you !!

You should put J-1 exchange visitor visa (Research Scholar)

See instruction here: http://mhrd.gov.in/Scholarship_nori%C2'>

• 2 years later...

Do we need to draft the Biodata and Affidavit forms available in the Indian consulate website on to a different paper so that the headings, such as "Four copies of this form are to be completed for "No Obligation to Return to India"Certificate," are deleted? I have just taken the printout and filled the form and got it notarized with the above heading on all the four copies. Is it fine? 

Archived