2nd MS visa rejected

Princess264

Hello,

I finished my Ms in 2010 and applied for last yr H1B and unfortunately my application dint get picked in the lottery. I had to join another school as my 5yr visa got expired too. I visited IND in Dec 2013 and attended visa interview with my 2nd MS (another F1 stamping) and my visa got rejected twice in Hyd(reason being, my intentions to stay in US doesnt sit well with my visa status). I am not really sure, as to what would be the best option would be to go back to US. My husband would be applying for his H1B this April 2014. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks. 

Hello,

I finished my Ms in 2010 and applied for last yr H1B and unfortunately my application dint get picked in the lottery. I had to join another school as my 5yr visa got expired too. I visited IND in Dec 2013 and attended visa interview with my 2nd MS (another F1 stamping) and my visa got rejected twice in Hyd(reason being, my intentions to stay in US doesnt sit well with my visa status). I am not really sure, as to what would be the best option would be to go back to US. My husband would be applying for his H1B this April 2014. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks. 

Once your spouse gets his H1B approved then you can enter with a H4 visa.

You will not get F1 visa anymore as you applied H1B visa during your previous Masters. Your best chance is to get a H1B visa or wait for your husband to get a H1B visa and come here on H4.

Are there chances of the VO knowing that I had applied for my H1 earlier ? I doubt so, please clarify if you think otherwise. 

Are there chances of the VO knowing that I had applied for my H1 earlier ? I doubt so, please clarify if you think otherwise. 

Absolutely.  ALL previous immigration filings in your name, interviews, entries to the U.S. are in your DHS / USCIS records, and all immigration officers (visa at consulates, customs and border patrol at ports of entry, etc.) have access to these records with your complete immigration information.  Why do you "doubt" this, the government has databases ...

Since your application was not picked in lottery they would not know it.

Since H-1B petitions that are not select in the lottery are returned unopened with the fee payment, it could be that there is not a record of the filing.  However, it would also not surprise me that the information including the beneficiary's identification (name, etc.) has been recorded by the USCIS and is in their systems.

Since H-1B petitions that are not select in the lottery are returned unopened with the fee payment, it could be that there is not a record of the filing.  However, it would also not surprise me that the information including the beneficiary's identification (name, etc.) has been recorded by the USCIS and is in their systems.

That is a good point catx. But, I am not sure how USCIS record receipt of petitions in their system before going for lottery. It might be that they provide temporary numbers to each packet before going for a lottery.

Archived