H1B Stamping and Solicitation of Prostitution

godisgreat

It was a bad day in my life and I repentant for what I did everyday after that. I have only 1 conviction in my record for solicit for prostitution. The sentence was fine + 90 days suspended jail time on condition of being maintain peace for next 3 years. I know it's a crime under CIMT but falls also under category of exception as mentioned by the attorney. 

When I go for stamping is it likely that I gonna get a slip for administrative processing (I think they called it 221g). I mean is there a good chance or I can get it stamped if I carry all the court papers with me without any delay?

Anybody has a similar experience can u please share?

It was a bad day in my life and I repentant for what I did everyday after that. I have only 1 conviction in my record for solicit for prostitution. The sentence was fine + 90 days suspended jail time on condition of being maintain peace for next 3 years. I know it's a crime under CIMT but falls also under category of exception as mentioned by the attorney. 

When I go for stamping is it likely that I gonna get a slip for administrative processing (I think they called it 221g). I mean is there a good chance or I can get it stamped if I carry all the court papers with me without any delay?

Anybody has a similar experience can u please share?

Consult some good Immigration Attorney. In case you don't just be honest while filing the application and answer truthful what ever asked about the incident. Also be confident while answering.

You should be fine.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone

I went for stamping in India. During the interview they asked my court document which was with me and they approved the visa on the spot.

At the port of entry they send me to a different room and took my passport and after an hour they gave back my passport and said I'm good to go. Thank God!

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived