HRD - Chennai,Tamilnadu

sarugesh

Hi,

I have sent J1 - NORI application to Home Department, Government of Tamilnadu, Chennai, last week of Nov 2013 by courier.Does anyone knows how long it will take to get the NORI application from HRD to us and suggest any contact person to know the status and push forward.

Regards

Saru

Hi,

I have sent J1 - NORI application to Home Department, Government of Tamilnadu, Chennai, last week of Nov 2013 by courier.Does anyone knows how long it will take to get the NORI application from HRD to us and suggest any contact person to know the status and push forward.

Regards

Saru

If you have no contacts there it would take  more than 6 months or forever. Ask your family members to periodically visit their office and ask for update.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Regards

Saru

See the info in this link: http://mhrd.gov.in/Scholarship_nori%C2'>

from Mhrd, it will take usually less than 2 months. They are pretty quick and accessible compared to other offices. 

You have to ask your friend or family member to go and ask for updates at Home department. 

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I'm still waiting NORI from HRD Chennai,my Visa,DS2019 got expired and came back to India.Even after repeated visits and enquires.....I didn't get my NORI from HRD.I received 2 NORIs and submitted to Atlanta consulate ,but they need 3 NORIs,I did Case number and submitted to DOS also.

Now from Chennai HRD they are asking a latest DS2019 as my VISA(Aug 14) expired and I would like to get the NORI from HRD.

As I 'm expecting a new venture from US.

Whether I'm eligible to get and if yes pls suggest.

Hi,

I'm still waiting NORI from HRD Chennai,my Visa,DS2019 got expired and came back to India.Even after repeated visits and enquires.....I didn't get my NORI from HRD.I received 2 NORIs and submitted to Atlanta consulate ,but they need 3 NORIs,I did Case number and submitted to DOS also.

Now from Chennai HRD they are asking a latest DS2019 as my VISA(Aug 14) expired and I would like to get the NORI from HRD.

As I 'm expecting a new venture from US.

Whether I'm eligible to get and if yes pls suggest.

Submit the latest DS2019 that you have. I don't understand why they need this. With out getting a waiver you are not eligible for any work based visa to US.

Submit the latest DS2019 that you have. I don't understand why they need this. With out getting a waiver you are not eligible for any work based visa to US.

I don't have the latest one and the previous one got expired on Aug'13 but still Shall I'm eligible and will get the waiver from the home Secretary?!.....

I knew I could not  enter US on work based Visa and I'm expecting an offer soon.

Pls suggest..

Best Regards

Saru

I don't have the latest one and the previous one got expired on Aug'13 but still Shall I'm eligible and will get the waiver from the home Secretary?!.....

I knew I could not  enter US on work based Visa and I'm expecting an offer soon.

Pls suggest..

Best Regards

Saru

Till when did you stay in US on J1? Did you get a DS2019 after Aug 2013? If you did have one and lost it then you can request your employer to provide you a duplicate or a copy of that. If home department insists on the latest one then nothing can be done about it.

• 1 year later...

Hi 

I received 2 NORIs from MHRI & Local Passport office, I submitted the same to Atlanta consulate, as they need 3 NORIs (state government) the final NORI from the consulate is pending. In the mean while I raised the case number and submitted to DOS.But I'm expecting an offer from US and still I have to pass 6 months from now to complete the home country rule.

My doubt is whether

I can come back to US after 2 years under J1 once again even after generating case number in DOS?!.Or I can come only by H1B. Because certain cases is saying that couldn't able to come once again by J1 even after 2 years as I have raised case number.

Anybody have the idea in this type of case. Please suggest the possibilities and procedure to move further.

Best Regards

Murugesh 

Hi 

I received 2 NORIs from MHRI & Local Passport office, I submitted the same to Atlanta consulate, as they need 3 NORIs (state government) the final NORI from the consulate is pending. In the mean while I raised the case number and submitted to DOS.But I'm expecting an offer from US and still I have to pass 6 months from now to complete the home country rule.

My doubt is whether

I can come back to US after 2 years under J1 once again even after generating case number in DOS?!.Or I can come only by H1B. Because certain cases is saying that couldn't able to come once again by J1 even after 2 years as I have raised case number.

Anybody have the idea in this type of case. Please suggest the possibilities and procedure to move further.

Best Regards

Murugesh 

You can come back on J1 again.

Archived