Processing Time - Labor and H1B extension

b4.pooja

Hello,
My PERM was filed on July 18,2013 and my H1B is expiring on April 17,2014.

my employer informed me that my case is in process status and currently DOL is working on cases from march 2013.

what are my chances to get labor approved? If labor gets aproved, i am told that it does not give a legal stay in US unless accompanied by EAD or 1 year extension on H1B

what is the latest date by when i should get labor approved in order to apply for H1B extension for a year?

• 3 months later...

The best way to make sure

1. Call your attorney and ask him to expedite the process (Prime processing), Pay 1000$ (these extra to what you/employer have already paid) you will get labor approved in 8 working days

2. File I-140 on Priority processing and get it approved in same 8-10 working days. Same about charges. Once you get I-140 approved, You apply for H1B extension which is usually for 3 years. I did it twice and got 3 years of extension cumulative.

You didn't specify whether your H1B is expiring is of first 3 years OR last 3 years. You need to mention that.

Hope this answers.

Take care

• 1 year later...

The best way to make sure

1. Call your attorney and ask him to expedite the process (Prime processing), Pay 1000$ (these extra to what you/employer have already paid) you will get labor approved in 8 working days

Does this mean there is some sort of premium processing for thr Labor?

Archived