Photo

Moms name misspelled in birth certificate.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CSelva

CSelva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:29 PM

I have my birth date & other details registered. But in my BC my mom's name is misspelled. They are refusing to issue another or correct this in the Municipality office. Since BC is a mandatory document for filing I485, am desperately in need of that. Please let me know how to proceed in this case.

#2 SPAJ

SPAJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:25 PM

I have my birth date & other details registered. But in my BC my mom's name is misspelled. They are refusing to issue another or correct this in the Municipality office. Since BC is a mandatory document for filing I485, am desperately in need of that. Please let me know how to proceed in this case.

Hello CSelva, I am in the same boat, please share what you found out to solve this issue.

#3 Ramyaga

Ramyaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:57 AM

even im on the same situation.. Though my date of birth and place of birth is correct in my BC. My parents are name has little spelling mistake. My father has one alphabet missing and mother has one alphabet extra.. I heard from local municipality that they cannot correct now? i got 2 affidavits already... Pls help me..

#4 CSelva

CSelva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:42 AM

Finally I got my mom's name corrected in my birth certificate. Just follow the steps.

1. Get an approval from ur village administrative office (VAO) in case of village by submitting the copies of ur parents documents having correct name in like ration card/ passport/ voter id/ bank passbool etc.
2. Get an approval from ur Revenue Inspector (RI) by submitting the copies of ur parents documents having correct name in like ration card/ passport/ voter id/ bank passbool etc + VAO Certificate.
3. Get an approval from ur Dhasildhar by submitting the copies of ur parents documents having correct name in like ration card/ passport/ voter id/ bank passbool etc + VAO Certificate + RI Certificate.
4. Give all those approval documents to ur Registrar, then he/she should be able to correct it.
5. Finally get that translated & signed by a notary public.

I took 5 weeks (each person 1 week) and some amount to complete the task for me.

For further reference, please refer the 15th point in 8th Page of 14 from => http://delhi.gov.in/...tration/ACT.pdf.

If they didnt agree just show them the copy of this pdf and ask them to go by law. If still they didnt, then pack the copies of all ur documents along with the copy of the pdf, a petition to change ur parents name in ur BC and send it to your chief minister cell, you will get it done in a week. (in Tamilnadu). Am not sure about other states. I dint go upto that extent, coz they agreed to correct it here itself.

All the best.

#5 username

username

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

Couldn't parents have given an affidavit and solved the problem?
My immigr lawyer is recommending affidavit from India on stamp paper.

#6 CSelva

CSelva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:03 AM

Submitting affidavits from parents works if one's birth is not registered.
In that case one has to submit the affidavits and the non-availability certificate obtained from the concerned municipality office.

In case one's birth is registered with wrong details, then the only way is to correct the existing. Coz getting a non-availability certificate is not possible as per my knowledge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users