Visa Stamping Experience in Matamoros mexico

shrikant.sirsi

It's quite essential to post our visa stamping experience in matamoros, Mexico. Here is our tour itinerary, accomodation and Consulate Information

We had our stamping on Nov 4th (Bio-Metric) and Nov 5th (Consulate Interview)

We are based out of Houston, Texas. We got into a team of 3 and started to drive to Brownsville at 4:00 AM and reached around 10:00 PM at the Mexico Border. There are lot of parking places and absolutely safe. They charge you around 5$ a day.

Initially we thought we would try out services from usvisamex. But he is too expensive (275$ per head) and believe me, it's not worth at all. We found another person Salvador who own Best Western Hotel Plaza in matamoros and provides the similar visa assistance service. He is popular among the chinese people. We are so blindfolded and directly use visamex without looking for another options. I have provided the link where you can find more information about his service (www.mexicovisaservice.appspot.com). The room rent is 103$ which includes free breakfast and he would personally pick and drop you back and forth from Consulate and Hotel. He is amazing and we could never think that our process would be so smooth trough him. The rooms were good decent with high speed internet connectivity. One nice things what I did have was, I was located on the 4th floor and was able to get US Cellphone Network :-).

Coming to Stamping process:

Day-1 (BioMetric) 

We Parked our car and crossed the border on our own. Keep handy 4 coins of 25 cents each. It was a 5 Minute walk. keep you things minimal. 

There are 2 options:

1.Once you cross the border, the ASC is hardly 3-5 Minute walk and absolutely safe. Just ensure you don't talk to anyone and just head there.Take good maps printout to know the exact place.(Remember Consulate and ASC are 2 different Locations). Type CAS Plaza Jardin Matamoros which will give you the exact location. We finished the entire process in 10 mins. If you are in 2 or more people one can stay out watching bags and get the process completed one by one.As we were extremely tired after a long drive, we did not want to go to hotel and comeback again.

2.Once you cross the border, there are a lot of cabs. Couple of them talk few broken english words. Negotiate with them before you board. For 6-8$ they should be able to take you to Best Western Inn located at 9th And Bravo Calle(Street)Matamoros, 87300, MX Phone: +52 8688161696. Ensure you book the room in advance by sending an email to Salvador. All the information is in the website provided above.Once you are in this place, you are in the right hands. Salvador would drive you to the ASC back and forth. 

We had our Appointment at 12:30. But doesn't really matter. You can go there anytime.

Evening: We walked around the downtown in a local market and enjoyed the place. It's a crowded place and absolutely safe. We did try some nice mexican delicacies and loved it.

Day 2 ( D-Day) Appointment:10:30

Irrespective of the appointment time, we headed early to the consulate at 08:30. You are not supposed to carry any electronic stuff, valets, Bags or fancy Belts. As usual, the consulate was not crowded and we passed trough the security and document validation by 08:45. We were provided tokens. Initially there would call you to the B Counter. Here they once again look to you documents and verify you I-797 and few questions about your employment ( Remember this is not your consulate Interview). They would ask you to wait for the next call. You next call would be a consulate interview. Stay Calm and relaxed. Keep a smiling face and be confident on what you answer. Carry as much documents as possible. For me the questions were

1. Why Matamoros ?
2. How long have you been working with your employer?
3. Are you renewing it with same employer?
4. Show me your offer letter
5. Show me your last year tax returns and W-2
6. were you on bench anytime?
7. Are you located at your client Place?
6. How many employees ?

Unfortunately he did not say the golden words "Visa Approved" but said come at collect at 2:30 in the noon :-).He was kind of Rude a bit, trying to confuse things here and there. But you need to be clear on what you answer.

We headed back to our rooms and worked remotely and noon 3:00 we picked our passports. Salvador Dropped us back to the border. We bid a adieu to him. He was so nice to us. We crossed the Mexican Side and were so excited to Enter US. Such a big difference between these countries. Keep handy 6$ for your new I-94. We picked our car and where back to houston by 10:00 PM. Overall it was a plesant experience.

Things to Keep in Mind: Don't do any currency exchange for Pesos. Most of the places accept Dollar and keep handy a lot of 1 $ Bills.

Srikantha S

It's quite essential to post our visa stamping experience in matamoros, Mexico. Here is our tour itinerary, accomodation and Consulate Information

We had our stamping on Nov 4th (Bio-Metric) and Nov 5th (Consulate Interview)

We are based out of Houston, Texas. We got into a team of 3 and started to drive to Brownsville at 4:00 AM and reached around 10:00 PM at the Mexico Border. There are lot of parking places and absolutely safe. They charge you around 5$ a day.

Initially we thought we would try out services from usvisamex. But he is too expensive (275$ per head) and believe me, it's not worth at all. We found another person Salvador who own Best Western Hotel Plaza in matamoros and provides the similar visa assistance service. He is popular among the chinese people. We are so blindfolded and directly use visamex without looking for another options. I have provided the link where you can find more information about his service (www.mexicovisaservice.appspot.com). The room rent is 103$ which includes free breakfast and he would personally pick and drop you back and forth from Consulate and Hotel. He is amazing and we could never think that our process would be so smooth trough him. The rooms were good decent with high speed internet connectivity. One nice things what I did have was, I was located on the 4th floor and was able to get US Cellphone Network :-).

Coming to Stamping process:

Day-1 (BioMetric) 

We Parked our car and crossed the border on our own. Keep handy 4 coins of 25 cents each. It was a 5 Minute walk. keep you things minimal. 

There are 2 options:

1.Once you cross the border, the ASC is hardly 3-5 Minute walk and absolutely safe. Just ensure you don't talk to anyone and just head there.Take good maps printout to know the exact place.(Remember Consulate and ASC are 2 different Locations). Type CAS Plaza Jardin Matamoros which will give you the exact location. We finished the entire process in 10 mins. If you are in 2 or more people one can stay out watching bags and get the process completed one by one.As we were extremely tired after a long drive, we did not want to go to hotel and comeback again.

2.Once you cross the border, there are a lot of cabs. Couple of them talk few broken english words. Negotiate with them before you board. For 6-8$ they should be able to take you to Best Western Inn located at 9th And Bravo Calle(Street)Matamoros, 87300, MX Phone: +52 8688161696. Ensure you book the room in advance by sending an email to Salvador. All the information is in the website provided above.Once you are in this place, you are in the right hands. Salvador would drive you to the ASC back and forth. 

We had our Appointment at 12:30. But doesn't really matter. You can go there anytime.

Evening: We walked around the downtown in a local market and enjoyed the place. It's a crowded place and absolutely safe. We did try some nice mexican delicacies and loved it.

Day 2 ( D-Day) Appointment:10:30

Irrespective of the appointment time, we headed early to the consulate at 08:30. You are not supposed to carry any electronic stuff, valets, Bags or fancy Belts. As usual, the consulate was not crowded and we passed trough the security and document validation by 08:45. We were provided tokens. Initially there would call you to the B Counter. Here they once again look to you documents and verify you I-797 and few questions about your employment ( Remember this is not your consulate Interview). They would ask you to wait for the next call. You next call would be a consulate interview. Stay Calm and relaxed. Keep a smiling face and be confident on what you answer. Carry as much documents as possible. For me the questions were

1. Why Matamoros ?
2. How long have you been working with your employer?
3. Are you renewing it with same employer?
4. Show me your offer letter
5. Show me your last year tax returns and W-2
6. were you on bench anytime?
7. Are you located at your client Place?
6. How many employees ?

Unfortunately he did not say the golden words "Visa Approved" but said come at collect at 2:30 in the noon :-).He was kind of Rude a bit, trying to confuse things here and there. But you need to be clear on what you answer.

We headed back to our rooms and worked remotely and noon 3:00 we picked our passports. Salvador Dropped us back to the border. We bid a adieu to him. He was so nice to us. We crossed the Mexican Side and were so excited to Enter US. Such a big difference between these countries. Keep handy 6$ for your new I-94. We picked our car and where back to houston by 10:00 PM. Overall it was a plesant experience.

Things to Keep in Mind: Don't do any currency exchange for Pesos. Most of the places accept Dollar and keep handy a lot of 1 $ Bills.

Srikantha S

Hi Srikantha, thank you for sharing the experience, I have a question, is your W2 the same with tax returns?

• 5 months later...

Hello Srikanth,

Thanks for sharing the info. I live in Houston too.

I am planning to travel for Visa Stamping in May with my husband and kids. Let me know if  its safe to travel with young kids. I have to book my appointment for Biometric and USC.  Can you let me know  if you can share your contact or email id and you can contact me on my email roja_rani14@yahoo.com. Do you still live in Houston? Let me know if you have any friends who are travelling for stamping in May 3rd or 4th week to Matamoros, Mexico for stamping. I really appreciate if you can respong to my questions at the earliest. 

• 3 years later...

Matamoros, Mexico by far has the easiest process to get the visa and passport collected in two days assuming finger printing on Monday and Visa appointment on Tuesday. Recently the rules has changed for the payment of visa fee in person. Salvador who owns Best Western hotel will help to pay the fee and the money can be transferred to him through Moneygram or other providers depends on his preference. Salvador is a gentlemen and nice guy who makes this process seamless and helps in the logistics as well(travel from Brownsville to Matamoros and vice versa, same with the travel to the ASC for finger printing and US embassy for visa appointment). I will highly recommend Salvador hotel Best Western.

Check out his website : https://mexicovisaservice.appspot.com/ for the services offered.

I had my ASC appointment on 09/09/2017 on Saturday at 9AM and my visa interview on 09/11/2017 on Monday at 8AM.

Below are the visa questions that were asked:

1. Which company are you working for?

2. What do you do for them?

3. Did you recently change the companies?

4. Show me your latest W2 form?

5. How much do you make per year?

6. What is the name of the city where you work and how do you spell it?

7. Have you ever been arrested or had immigration issues?

Finally, he said your visa is approved, here is the receipt(yellow color) and can be collected from the counter at 3PM on the same day.

Near the border, the immigration check will take atleast 1.5 hr - 4hrs. So be prepared for the long wait time.

Goodluck! 

Archived