LCA Approval -- Any approvals after Shutdown

aru27

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine LCA applied on OCt 18th and my H1B is expiring on Oct 26th am i in safe zone any suggestions?

Important Information on Form I-129 H-1B, H-2A, and H-2B Petitions

If an H-1B, H-2A, or H-2B petitioner submits evidence establishing that the primary reason for failing to timely file an extension of stay or change of status request was due to the government shutdown, USCIS will consider the government shutdown as an extraordinary circumstance and excuse the late filing, if the petitioner meets all other applicable requirements.

Mine LCA applied on OCt 18th and my H1B is expiring on Oct 26th am i in safe zone any suggestions?

If an H-1B, H-2A, or H-2B petitioner submits evidence establishing that the primary reason for failing to timely file an extension of stay or change of status request was due to the government shutdown, USCIS will consider the government shutdown as an extraordinary circumstance and excuse the late filing, if the petitioner meets all other applicable requirements.

Hello,

Did you find anything regarding staying beyond h1n expiration? Have you got your LCA approved?

Please let me know what you found? My visa is expiring on 10/31. Still waiting for LCA approval. I am being told I will have 30 days after H1B expiration to wrap up things here. Is that true?

My employer's attorney said that he has submitted LCA 2-3 days before shutdown...

when I re-inquired on 24th he said "... USCIS has no control over this process as the LCA is pending at the US Department of Labor (DOL).  DOL does not have a tracking system in place for LCAs that are pending. "

Today is 27th Oct .. and still he don't have any updates.... !!

Pl advice, what am I missing .

LCA is a required doc for apply H1B petition.

LCA does have a tracking number. you can check it online at icert.doleta.gov

Please verify if your employer applied for H1B petition with USCIS after receiving a certiied LCA or not? (Most applications that i know of are rejected by USCIS without approved LCA.)

If your attorney already applied for H1B then ask for the USCIS reciept number.

LCA is a required doc for apply H1B petition.

LCA does have a tracking number. you can check it online at icert.doleta.gov

Please verify if your employer applied for H1B petition with USCIS after receiving a certiied LCA or not? (Most applications that i know of are rejected by USCIS without approved LCA.)

If your attorney already applied for H1B then ask for the USCIS reciept number.

venki418, Thanks much for the inputs.

I know that the H1b transfer is yet to be initiated as attorney is yet waiting for the LCA approval.

I guess.. now is the high time to get LCA tracking # from him or move ahead with other opportunity in hand.

My LCA was applied on September 25, 2013.

I have checked the website http://icert.doleta.gov with my case number every day since then and it still says 'In Process'.

So as of today October 28, 2013 it is still not certified.

Normally it takes 7 days!

But others who filed their LCA in the past 10 days are getting their LCA's certified.

What should I do? Should I ask my immigration lawyer to re-file the LCA?

Does anyone know when LCA's filed in September will be certified?

Very frustrated and worried.

Archived