221(g)TALL(Blue) at Ottawa on Sep 25th

Gangavas

Hi Guys,

I attended my H1B Visa interview in Ottawa, Canada on Sept 25th 2013 and Got 221(g)TAL. Just wanted to share my experiance with you guys and was hoping if some one can Help me.  

My Background: I have done my Bachelors in india in Biotechnology and Masters in US in Cell and Molecular Biology. However, now I am working as a software developer. I was given 221(g) during my F1 visa stamping, I got my passport in 15days back then. 

Read few forums here and asked my attorney if I would get a 221(g)TAL if I go for H1B stamping to Canada since I got it during my F1, She said "why would you get it, you are no more in biotech field. I am sure there won't be any issues with your case since we have all papers". I was happy to hear that and booked an interview slot in Ottawa.

VISA Interniew:

Me: Good Morning Sir, How are you?

VO: I am doing good. Can I have your Token number.

Me: Sure! (gave him the Token)

After typing for a min

VO: So…. Whats the story behind this?

Me: Pardon me sir!! I didn't get you.!

VO: Tell me about your education

Me: I done my bachelors in India…. and Masters… (He interrupted )

VO:What was your Major?

Me: Biotechnology

VO: Sorry to interrupt you… what about your Masters?

Me: no problem! I did my Masters in US

VO: In ?? I mean what was your major?

Me: Cell and Molecular Biology

VO: oh..! nice! (he was tying something in his desktop for around 2-3 mins). Are you married… do you have a family in US?

Me: No sir, I am single, but I am getting married in couple of months.

VO: oh.. congratulations! so what status is she in USA?

Me: She is on F1

VO: (typed something on the system) So who is your employer?

Me: Told the employer Name

VO: what is your job title?

Me: told the job title

VO: Do you have an end client?

Me: Yes Sir and told the client Name

VO: How long have you been working for this client?

Me: 2 years

VO: Is your employers paying you on time?

Me: yes sir they are, I never had any problem with my employer.

VO: Thats nice. (He typed for a another 2 mins and then He took out 221(g) blue paper and asked " Do you have any publications"

Me: No Sir, I didn't had any publications 

VO: ok, no problem. Can I have your most updated resume. 

Me: Sure (Gave him my resume)

VO: Everything looks good but your case needs some admin processing which is done in Washington DC. This may take weeks! We will inform you through email as soon as your visa is approved. 

Me: Is it because of field of Study? 

VO: I really can't say that. 

Me: Because I am no more working in that field, I now work as a software developer.

VO:Ya, I see that here in your resume. Your case looks very positive, Its the system which is not letting me approve your visa, its asking me for Admin processing. I am really sorry, I know you don't want to hear this. I have to give you 221g. I know your job is at risk and your fiance is in US but, I am sorry. (returned my Passport along with 221(g) blue paper, but kept my I797 and resume).

Its been only a week, I know I am not supposed to expect any response from them. Anybody recently got 221gTAL blue? how many days did it take? I read few forums from snoopreddy but still wanted to share my experience and let everybody body know about this who all are coming from TAL (Technology Alert List) educational background. 

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to hear about your situation. However they will just do background check for you. As VO said it will take few weeks for you because admin-processing take little time and top of that the gov is shutdown. Hang tight and you will get the email of submitting the passport very soon.

Good luck

Hi - Thanks for posting your experience (You can see my experience in my profile/posts). I had H1B visa appointment on Sept 20th in Vancouver. I was given white 221(g) requesting a) Resume b) Employment letter c) Letter describing detailed description of research. They had asked if I had published any papers. They took my passport and I-797. I am guessing its a TAL check, but the VO was concerned about the job I am working (Statistical Analyst) versus my background. They do match as I am applying the principles, concepts, and process I have used in my Masters, but he didn't get my explanation. Let us keep in touch to see how long it takes..I may wait for one more week and will collect my passport and go back to India as I have been here since 2 weeks already.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I attended my H1B Visa interview in Ottawa, Canada on Sept 25th 2013 and Got 221(g)TAL. Just wanted to share my experiance with you guys and was hoping if some one can Help me.  

My Background: I have done my Bachelors in india in Biotechnology and Masters in US in Cell and Molecular Biology. However, now I am working as a software developer. I was given 221(g) during my F1 visa stamping, I got my passport in 15days back then. 

Read few forums here and asked my attorney if I would get a 221(g)TAL if I go for H1B stamping to Canada since I got it during my F1, She said "why would you get it, you are no more in biotech field. I am sure there won't be any issues with your case since we have all papers". I was happy to hear that and booked an interview slot in Ottawa.

VISA Interniew:

Me: Good Morning Sir, How are you?

VO: I am doing good. Can I have your Token number.

Me: Sure! (gave him the Token)

After typing for a min

VO: So…. Whats the story behind this?

Me: Pardon me sir!! I didn't get you.!

VO: Tell me about your education

Me: I done my bachelors in India…. and Masters… (He interrupted )

VO:What was your Major?

Me: Biotechnology

VO: Sorry to interrupt you… what about your Masters?

Me: no problem! I did my Masters in US

VO: In ?? I mean what was your major?

Me: Cell and Molecular Biology

VO: oh..! nice! (he was tying something in his desktop for around 2-3 mins). Are you married… do you have a family in US?

Me: No sir, I am single, but I am getting married in couple of months.

VO: oh.. congratulations! so what status is she in USA?

Me: She is on F1

VO: (typed something on the system) So who is your employer?

Me: Told the employer Name

VO: what is your job title?

Me: told the job title

VO: Do you have an end client?

Me: Yes Sir and told the client Name

VO: How long have you been working for this client?

Me: 2 years

VO: Is your employers paying you on time?

Me: yes sir they are, I never had any problem with my employer.

VO: Thats nice. (He typed for a another 2 mins and then He took out 221(g) blue paper and asked " Do you have any publications"

Me: No Sir, I didn't had any publications 

VO: ok, no problem. Can I have your most updated resume. 

Me: Sure (Gave him my resume)

VO: Everything looks good but your case needs some admin processing which is done in Washington DC. This may take weeks! We will inform you through email as soon as your visa is approved. 

Me: Is it because of field of Study? 

VO: I really can't say that. 

Me: Because I am no more working in that field, I now work as a software developer.

VO:Ya, I see that here in your resume. Your case looks very positive, Its the system which is not letting me approve your visa, its asking me for Admin processing. I am really sorry, I know you don't want to hear this. I have to give you 221g. I know your job is at risk and your fiance is in US but, I am sorry. (returned my Passport along with 221(g) blue paper, but kept my I797 and resume).

Its been only a week, I know I am not supposed to expect any response from them. Anybody recently got 221gTAL blue? how many days did it take? I read few forums from snoopreddy but still wanted to share my experience and let everybody body know about this who all are coming from TAL (Technology Alert List) educational background. 

Thanks in advance.

Does it mean apart from VO, even the computer system also decides our fate in getting visa or AAP?

Does it mean apart from VO, even the computer system also decides our fate in getting visa or AAP?

I strongly believe its more of the system than the person decides your visa because as soon as he scans the barcode on your DS-160, the system shows all your history and Employers history. It gives an error whenever something is fishy with your background or your employer background. Thats when you get 221(g) or rejection. 

I strongly believe its more of the system than the person decides your visa because as soon as he scans the barcode on your DS-160, the system shows all your history and Employers history. It gives an error whenever something is fishy with your background or your employer background. Thats when you get 221(g) or rejection. 

Not only that, if they you have received 221g previously, then its very likely that you would receive again. I am saying this because, the VO specifically told me that, you have to wait just like last time, and when I asked should I have to go through everytime, he said unless your job and circumstances change significantly from your previous h1b stamping application.

Hi

Any update on a response with regards to the clearance of admin processing in your case?. Where was your interview?. I had my interview at Ottawa consulate on 7th-Oct-2013 and have been waiting since then.

The VO took my resume and I 797. I don't have any publications. I was not given any 221 g. I strongly feel mine was subjected to TAL check and my application was sent to Washington DC.

Any inputs or advice is greatly appreciated.

Hi

Any update on a response with regards to the clearance of admin processing in your case?. Where was your interview?. I had my interview at Ottawa consulate on 7th-Oct-2013 and have been waiting since then.

The VO took my resume and I 797. I don't have any publications. I was not given any 221 g. I strongly feel mine was subjected to TAL check and my application was sent to Washington DC.

Any inputs or advice is greatly appreciated.

Hi Sandeep, I know that Kmukh and Texan got their emails to submit passports. I am still hanging up here. My interview was on Sept 25th. 

Thank you Gangavas. Hope you receive the email early next week. Please let me know once you hear from them,

Do you know by any chance how much time will they give us to submit the passport after receiving the email? I am planning to go to India end of next week but I am  worried if I receive the email right after I landed in India.

thanks again.

Archived