First H1b visa stamping at Canada

sravzanu

Hi All,

I came to USA on H4 visa and latter have transfered to H1b working from Jan 2013 . Now I am planing to go for my first H1b stamping to canada so want to know if I can go to canada as I dont have a master degree from United states as I heard that people who have done masters at USA are eligible to go for the first H1b visa stamping at canada.

Please kindly suggest me if I should go to canada or to my home country India .

Thanks,

Swetha,

Hi All,

I came to USA on H4 visa and latter have transfered to H1b working from Jan 2013 . Now I am planing to go for my first H1b stamping to canada so want to know if I can go to canada as I dont have a master degree from United states as I heard that people who have done masters at USA are eligible to go for the first H1b visa stamping at canada.

Please kindly suggest me if I should go to canada or to my home country India .

Thanks,

Swetha,

Yes, you can. Do a search in this forum and you will see experiences from people who had been in a similar situation like you.

Good find VinayH1B. But, I would underline the word "may" in that point. Meaning it is at the discretion of visa officer. There is for sure risk attached. The good thing about going to home country for visa interview is even if you get administrative processing you would be spending valuable time with your loved ones but if it is in Canada you can guess your situation.

Archived