221 G - Chennai, Sep 2013

fortyversions

Hello All,

I received the infamous blue slip 221(g) form at the Chennai consulate during my 2nd H1-B stamping interview. I've been working for a publicly listed American consulting firm in the EC model for more than 4 years and my client happens to be a large bio technology company. Here's some details about my interview:

Interview Date - Sep 3rd, 2013

Only question asked by VO - Name of client?

Documents collected by an Indian lady after the interview - 

Original I-797, I-129, LCA, paystubs, MSA & SOW w/ client, H1-B petition cover letter

I was told that I don't need to provide any further documents and that I will be contacted when they're done with their processing in 3 - 4 weeks.

My case status on ceac just shows the usual boilerplate 'additional administrative processing' text. 

If anybody else is in the same situation and interested in keeping track of timelines, please reply.

@fortyversions,

I am also in the same boat. I appeared for the visa interview at Chennai consulate on 07/23/2013. Whatever happened to you, the same thing happened for me too. They contacted my client in the 3rd week to verify about my employment. My client manager responded back in the 4th week. But no update after that. I don't know what else they need and whats taking so long. I have completed 8 weeks from the interview date. 

We can't contact Chennai consulate directly to track the status. if we contact VFS or USTraveldocs, they have standard answer "Wait for 60 days". I am going to complete 60 days on 09/20/2013. I am not sure whats update they will give to me after completing 60 days. 

I left my car (in the airport) , apartment and other things as it is at USA. The schools are started and my kid is missing her school due to this issue. Luckily my client is allowing me to work from India and I don't know how long they will allow me to work from India. 

USCIS/Consulate wants to find out the fraud candidates. But they are screwing genuine people in this process. 

We are having one and only option is that "Just to wait till consulate gets back to us". No other option here. 

Received an E-mail from consulate asking me to submit my passport. It says " Your visa application is in the final approval stage. please submit the passport". but the status still shows "Administrative Processing". I have submitted my Passport. 

What does this mean? can anyone help please. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived