Passport validity for H1B visa stamping in Canada

Bonfire

Hello,

My H1-B visa appointment is on Sep 4th in Toronto,Canada. My passport validity is until Mar 1, 2014. As the passport validity is a little short of 6 months, will I get visa stamping for the entire duration of the validity on my I797? Or are there chances of me not being eligible  for visa stamping as the passport validity is less than 6 months?

Thanks.

Hello,

My H1-B visa appointment is on Sep 4th in Toronto,Canada. My passport validity is until Mar 1, 2014. As the passport validity is a little short of 6 months, will I get visa stamping for the entire duration of the validity on my I797? Or are there chances of me not being eligible  for visa stamping as the passport validity is less than 6 months?

Thanks.

Are you sure you can use a passport that has less than 6 months validity for stamping? Check that first. The website says passport valid for at least 6 months.

http://canada.usembassy.gov/visas/visas/categories-and-requirements/temporary-worker-distinguished-merit-other-than-nurses.html

Are you attending visa interview with less than 6 months validity passport?  I think your passport should valid atleast 6 months while you are attending visa interview.  Even you can't enter into usa with less than 6 months validity passport.

You can enter with less than 6 months of validity on your passport but you can not go for stamping

• 2 months later...

Get a new passport and take that to the visa appointment. Even if you enter Canada with your new passport, you will need the old, original passport, because I'm assuming that has the Canadian visa stamped in it, and also because you might need to show all previous US visas in all older, expired or cancelled passports during the visa interview and also at the PoE on the way back to the US.

• 3 months later...

Guys,

Would it be possible to to apply and confirm the date for visa stamping and in the mean while apply for the renewal of the passport. My passport expires on Jan 2015 and have my visa stamping in April 28 2014. I wanted to make to get my passport renewal before I go to canada. I am planning to apply it this month and take it with me to visa interview process.

maverickp and group, would really appreciate any feedback or would be great if you guys can share your experience

thank you guys in advance

Guys,

Would it be possible to to apply and confirm the date for visa stamping and in the mean while apply for the renewal of the passport. My passport expires on Jan 2015 and have my visa stamping in April 28 2014. I wanted to make to get my passport renewal before I go to canada. I am planning to apply it this month and take it with me to visa interview process.

maverickp and group, would really appreciate any feedback or would be great if you guys can share your experience

thank you guys in advance

If you are going for visa stamping on April 28th 2014 with a passport valid till Jan 2015 there is nothing to worry. Your I94 will be issued based on your passport expiry date.

Archived