H1B Amendment advise without client letter

chrahul

Hi all,

I got my H1B approved with client A and now working with Client B. LCA has been update to new client B location. Now I'm planning to go stamping in December. I got to know that as my H1B was approved with client A which was my previous, I need to do an H1B amendment with the new Client B. 

My concern is, my client B doesn't provide client letter as my project is a vendor implementation project. 

Vendor will give the letter as needed. 

can you please advice on

1. Any risks to apply H1B amendment without client letter.

2. H1B stamping (Planning to go  Canada) with out client letter, but with approved H1B amended petition.

3. What happens to my already H1B approved petition, if my H1B amended applicaition  gets denied (worst case scenario). Will the H1B approved petition is still valid? (If H1B amendment gets rejected). What will be my status?

I read in some forums (experience from others), that they were able to get H1B amendment and  stamping successful without client letter, by taking the email from client saying that they don't provide letter according to company policies and by taking Manager emails, Client ID card, and other documents at client side as proofs.

Please advise. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Rahul

Hi all,

I got my H1B approved with client A and now working with Client B. LCA has been update to new client B location. Now I'm planning to go stamping in December. I got to know that as my H1B was approved with client A which was my previous, I need to do an H1B amendment with the new Client B. 

My concern is, my client B doesn't provide client letter as my project is a vendor implementation project. 

can you please advice on

2. H1B stamping (Planning to go  Canada) with out client letter, but with approved H1B amended petition.

3. What happens to my already H1B approved petition, if my H1B amended applicaition  gets denied (worst case scenario). Will the H1B approved petition is still valid? (If H1B amendment gets rejected). What will be my status?

I read in some forums (experience from others), that they were able to get H1B amendment and  stamping successful without client letter, by taking the email from client saying that they don't provide letter according to company policies and by taking Manager emails, Client ID card, and other documents at client side as proofs.

Thanks,

Rahul

Just treat the amendment as it is a new H1B or H1B Extension. You need all the required documents.

H1B Amendment overrides the existing H1B even if it is still approved.

If the H1B Amendment Petition is denied you cannot reuse the old one.

Hi all,

can you please advice on

Thanks,

Rahul

Hello Rahul, 

I was in the same boat. 

I got my H1 with Client A, and later i changed my job and location. 

I applied for H1 Amendment with out client letter. And it got approved. 

I work for a telecom Company which the name start with "V". They will only provide a client letter in case of RFE or if there any request from the USCIS or any immigration office. Even Manager also was not ready to provide me the email conversation.

This is what I did. 

Some how with help of my friends I got one HR email and I emailed her in detail . Please find the sample format below. 

Good Morning XXXX,

This is YYYYY (Employee ID: XXXXX) Working at CCCC( Clinet Name) location XXX,  YYYY Dr, City, State,ZIP.

Project : XXXXXX

This is Regarding the CCCC Client letter.

XXXXX,

I am going to Canada, Vancouver on Thursday (08/08/2013) for my H1B visa stamping and as part of this process; I will need a client letter form CCCC.

Will you be able to provide me the client letter saying that I am working at the above location?

I know CCCC will provide the Client letter only if there is any request from the consulate.

Will you be able to provide me any email with the reason Mam?

I really appreciate if you can help me with this. 

Please let me know if anything needs to be discussed. Thank you!

This is my format , you can modify or you can make your own format. Luckily she replied to my email saying , client will provide letter in case of RFE , etc. Etc. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Client side 

• I took the print of this email. 
  • I took the print outs of some work emails ( between me and manager) 
  • Work place pictures
  • Communicator screenshot. 
  • Organization structure, highlight your name 
  • Acknowledgement emails from team mates.

Sample: 

Hello,

This is to acknowledge that I have known (XXXX) since Date (MM/DD/YYYY).

He is currently working for (Client Name) as (Your Role as per your H1 document) in the Project (XXXXX).

Suggestion : Make sure in every email you include your signature with the Project Name and Location , Email and Phone NUM, and if your teammates  are emailing the acknowledgement email ask them to include their signatures with the Project Name , Location . 

Again, You can modify or you can create your own format. 

Prime Vendor 

If the prime vendor is ready to provide you the letter in the format you requested , I suggest you to mention the project is going to be a long term project with possible extensions ( 1-2 years) 

Sample :

Project Duration:
Mr. XXX's  services are very valuable to Vendor Name. We currently consider that Mr. XXXXX will be working on this project long term with possibility of multiple extensions for 1 – 2 years unless otherwise notified.

If possible, at the end of the vendor  letter before this line 

If you have any questions concerning Mr. XXXX , Ask your prime vendor to add these lines to the Vendor letter. 

Please be advised that we are not authorized to release our contract documentation between our company and our client due to contractual limitations and confidentiality reasons. Further, please note that our client will not provide any employment verification letters for contract employees.

I carried the same documentation to Visa stamping , but the VO did not ask me anything, in fact she dint even ask me the client name.

All the best, I hope the above information will help. 

Hello Rahul, 

I was in the same boat. 

I got my H1 with Client A, and later i changed my job and location. 

I applied for H1 Amendment with out client letter. And it got approved. 

I work for a telecom Company which the name start with "V". They will only provide a client letter in case of RFE or if there any request from the USCIS or any immigration office. Even Manager also was not ready to provide me the email conversation.

This is what I did. 

Some how with help of my friends I got one HR email and I emailed her in detail . Please find the sample format below. 

Good Morning XXXX,

This is YYYYY (Employee ID: XXXXX) Working at CCCC( Clinet Name) location XXX,  YYYY Dr, City, State,ZIP.

Project : XXXXXX

This is Regarding the CCCC Client letter.

XXXXX,

I am going to Canada, Vancouver on Thursday (08/08/2013) for my H1B visa stamping and as part of this process; I will need a client letter form CCCC.

Will you be able to provide me the client letter saying that I am working at the above location?

I know CCCC will provide the Client letter only if there is any request from the consulate.

Will you be able to provide me any email with the reason Mam?

I really appreciate if you can help me with this. 

Please let me know if anything needs to be discussed. Thank you!

This is my format , you can modify or you can make your own format. Luckily she replied to my email saying , client will provide letter in case of RFE , etc. Etc. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Client side 

• I took the print of this email. 
  • I took the print outs of some work emails ( between me and manager) 
  • Work place pictures
  • Communicator screenshot. 
  • Organization structure, highlight your name 
  • Acknowledgement emails from team mates.

Sample: 

Hello,

This is to acknowledge that I have known (XXXX) since Date (MM/DD/YYYY).

He is currently working for (Client Name) as (Your Role as per your H1 document) in the Project (XXXXX).

Suggestion : Make sure in every email you include your signature with the Project Name and Location , Email and Phone NUM, and if your teammates  are emailing the acknowledgement email ask them to include their signatures with the Project Name , Location . 

Again, You can modify or you can create your own format. 

Prime Vendor 

If the prime vendor is ready to provide you the letter in the format you requested , I suggest you to mention the project is going to be a long term project with possible extensions ( 1-2 years) 

Sample :

Project Duration:
Mr. XXX's  services are very valuable to Vendor Name. We currently consider that Mr. XXXXX will be working on this project long term with possibility of multiple extensions for 1 – 2 years unless otherwise notified.

If possible, at the end of the vendor  letter before this line 

If you have any questions concerning Mr. XXXX , Ask your prime vendor to add these lines to the Vendor letter. 

Please be advised that we are not authorized to release our contract documentation between our company and our client due to contractual limitations and confidentiality reasons. Further, please note that our client will not provide any employment verification letters for contract employees.

I carried the same documentation to Visa stamping , but the VO did not ask me anything, in fact she dint even ask me the client name.

All the best, I hope the above information will help. 

This helps me a lot. Thanks for sharing the information. When did you go for stamping?

Archived