H4 RFE - Overstayed in USA for more than 180 days

kumar7p

I filed my H4 after 180 days for extension and received RFE asking the delay of filing H4 Visa Extension.Does any one have the same issue or let me know how you resolved this situation.

The reason for delay of filing i am under impression of H1b extension valids to H4 also that's the reason didn't filed H4 Extension.

This is my first H4 extension and misunderstood between H1b & H4. Please advise the situation to fix it

. My suggestion would be to leave the country immediately and apply for a H4 visa from a US consulate abroad.

That s not the right advice.   Leaving US now will trigger a 3 year ban.  the right advice is what Omshiv said (Omshiv,  we soemtimes agree :)  ) . Consult an attorney and see if it can be filed nunc pro tunc .  DO NOT leave US without consulting an Attorney

That s not the right advice.   Leaving US now will trigger a 3 year ban.  the right advice is what Omshiv said (Omshiv,  we soemtimes agree :)  ) . Consult an attorney and see if it can be filed nunc pro tunc .  DO NOT leave US without consulting an Attorney

Chakrakr, why leaving US and entering on H4 not a good idea?

It is nunc pro tunc .  In simple layman term,  you are sayign soemthing happened due to an error and you are requesting forgiveness. 

See this for more details  http://www.murthy.com/2012/03/30/murthy-success-story-h-4-nunc-pro-tunc-reinstatement/

Thanks chakrakr, I learnt something new. Do you mean to say that this error happened , it took 180 days for OP to detect would go well with USCIS?

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am in same situation and need some advice. My 6 year old sons 1-94 got expired in February 2013 due to passport validity and it's now more than 8 months. But his passport do have valid H 4 stamped and also some how have valid I-94 which came with I 797. I think the immigration officer didn't took it during his recent travel. We have just noticed this and now not sure what to do next. My H 1 extension is due in 5 months and have to submit my docs to my company attorney. Please suggest what should I do?

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived