H1 B visa Stamping Mumbai Experience :

mayuriv

I want to post this on behalf of my husband.

As we have been through a stressful time with this new procedure of H1b and zero transprency in the system, I thought this post could be really helpful to some of us.

My husband works for firtune 500 and he has been on H1 for more than 8 years now. He had approved H1b for 3 years and then he visited India and Mumbai consulate to get the visa stamped.

The visa officer said that your visa is approved. the very next business day the status changed to " administrative processing" and we freaked out.

I read millions of forums and scray stories that people write about how they are stuck in india for more than 6 months when something similar happens. The status stayed the same for 2 business days.

But people dn'tt freak out, When they say that it's administrative processing doesn't mean everybody goes through the back ground check, It means they are making sure on their end.And pleae don't read the forums, people write horror stories and then when they get their passport, they forget to write back.

So here's the summary of the incidences

May 17th 2013 : Interview

May 20th : Administrative processing

May 22nd : ready

May 22nd afternoon : " Admin processing '

May 23rd : " Issued "

Passport status

May 17th 2013 : PP with post

May 20th : PP with post

May 22nd : PP with post

May 22nd afternoon : PP with post

May 24th :PP origination scan

May 25th early morning : "on transit from post "

May 25th 12 PM : recieved passport.

The purpose of writing this was to give peace of mind to people who are not aware about the new process and all the status changes.

Please feel free to ask questions.

Thanks,

Mayuri.

Hi Mayuri,

I am planning to attend for Visa stamping in August 2013 in India as My company is Indian based located in Kalakatta, I will have only 9 months of validity on I-797 from August, Is there any problem, can you please suggest me

Thank You,

Mallav

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting. I am going through a similar situation here in Ottawa (hopefully, anyway), although mine is for an O1 visa. But the circumstances you state are the same - interview was quick and easy, VO said it all looks in order, you will get an email to collect PP in 2-3 days. It will be 5 working days as of tomorrow and still no email or phonecall, no update on the CSC usvisa-info.com website, but on the ceac.state.gov it says 'Administrative Processing' for my wife (O3) and I, while our two kids (also O3) it says issued! I hope the outcome is the same as was for you, and we are not waiting for weeks or months!

Archived