How much time with employer after GC Consular processing

kh_aaryan3

Hi All,

I know its a cliche question but most people get their GC trhough 485 process. I got mine thru consular processing so I want to discuss before making a decision.

I worked with my current employer from March 2006- Aug 2009 and in Aug 2009 moved to Canada. I got my GC and worked with same employer from Aug 2012 to Current ( 8+ mnths now).

3 months however I worked remotely from Canada itself.

I am getting some intersting offers and want to switch employer and my career path. So working for same employer for 6 months in US, 3 months remote , total of 9 months under consular processing GC is good emough time?

Appreciate your input!

Aaryan

Hi JoeF

Thanks for reply! Sorry I did not understand about Fresh Notarized job offer? I got the fresh job offer when I went for immigrant visa interview. After that I am working for same employer for about 8.5 months. Is that time period safe/sufficient to transition to new employer/new skills with IT/Software?

Appreciate!

Aaryan

Hi JoeF

Thanks for reply! Sorry I did not understand about Fresh Notarized job offer? I got the fresh job offer when I went for immigrant visainterview.

For how long did you work for the employer after you entered the US with the Immigrant VIsa?

That's the time that matters.

kh_aaryan3..i have been following your posts on the Consular processing section...i know you have struggled a lot for getting GC thru CP...Congrats on getting Greened.

anways generally speaking, there is no hard n fast rule on the no of months you should stay with your employer...although its generally recommended to stay with them for atleast 6 months to a yr...

after getting my GC, i left my employer after 6 months since he started harassing me over payment issues...nevertheless you shouldnt have any issues in leaving your employer now.

enjoy your new job.

Archived