Fight for Experience Letter

shanthoshs

Hi Team,

I joined a big IT company in India on Aug-2006, came to US in Aug-2009 on H1B, I was with them until Dec-2012 and changed my employer and transferred my H1B since then.

They wanted 2 months notice, but I could only give 2 weeks notice which they consider NOT a normal exit.

All accounts were settled properly without any balances on both sides, and they have given me the Relieving Order which states the joining date, relieving date and my last held title, etc.

When I asked for a detailed Experience Letter explaining my skills, training's certifications, positions held and locations, they are telling me that since my exit is NOT normal, they will not provide the same. I believe this is important if i'm filing for a GC later down the line.

Kindly advice whether I have right to fight for getting my detailed experience letter and win legally, as I have served them more than 6 yrs legally and in all due diligence.

Thanks!

(PS: Not sure under which topic to position this question, so placed here)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Which state are you in? 

One of my friend left the company (top 5 desi copany) giving notice of only  2 weeks and there was no problem. The law says that employee should be free to leave the company whenever he wants. The payslips would help you to establish the connection with the company but if you strictly need the experience letter then you may want to call up an attorney. 

• 3 years later...

Loop in your attorney in your email request to your previous employer asking for your experience letter. They will respond fast and positively.

I worked for wipro before and I gave 2 weeks notice and my wipro manager approved my releaving with out any issues. The company policy is to give 2 months notice in India offer letter. I had 1 month of USA leaves that I dint got paid. Instead, the HR counted my leaves towards the 2 months and asked me to pay for 15 days in Indian rupiees. Shame on these desi big companies.  

On Tuesday, May 02, 2017 at 4:09 PM, metroguy said:

Loop in your attorney in your email request to your previous employer asking for your experience letter. They will respond fast and positively.

I worked for wipro before and I gave 2 weeks notice and my wipro manager approved my releaving with out any issues. The company policy is to give 2 months notice in India offer letter. I had 1 month of USA leaves that I dint got paid. Instead, the HR counted my leaves towards the 2 months and asked me to pay for 15 days in Indian rupiees. Shame on these desi big companies.  

Why blame the Wolf if the sheep walk voluntarily to its den??Your post is so illogical, all the more so if you have a bachelors in so called software Engg..

Your one month accrued vacation was counted against the two month mandatory notice period which implies you technically worked worked for them for 1.5 month, for which you should have been paid for..but you volunteered to lose another two weeks pay on top of it..again why blame the Wolf

Archived