Canadian TRV questions

Roshini9

Hi All,

Some of these questions might be silly so please bear with me :)

IMM5257E - Application for Temporary Resident Visa:

1). Current country of residence - Status, From and To fields, should I enter my current H1B start, end dates? or is it different?

2). Details of visit to Canada - Are below correct?

Purpose of my visit - I entered other

In other - I put in To attend H1 Visa interview in Canada.

Indicate how long you plan to stay in Canada - what do I enter here in the From and To fields? My appointment date is on Feb 20th

Funds available for my stay (CAD) - What is the minimum they expect?

Name, Address and relationship of the person or institution I will visit -

I put in

Name - The Embassy of the United States of America in Canada

Address in Canada - 490 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario

Relationship - what do I put in here?

IMM5645E - Family Information:

1). Mom is in U.S with me right now, so I just enter my address as her current address right or do I enter the Indian address?

2). In IMM5257E, I selected reason for visiting as Other - To attend H1 Visa interview in Canada. In this form, do I select visitor or other?

Passport:

Do I send my old and new passports both? Old one has my F1 visa stamp

Employment Verification Letter:

From client, vendor and also from my H1B employer?

Notarized copies: Bank statements, paystubs, I-797, should be notarized? Even the visa appointment, itinerary etc?

Schedule 1 - Application for Temporary Resident Visa IMM 5257: Not required?

Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union [iMM 5409]: Not required?

Use of a Representative [iMM 5476] - Not required?

Thanks

Hi Roshini,

I got my Canadian Visa very recently. I sent all my documents to Las Angeles consulate and I got my VISA stamped in 5 business days. Trying to answer your questions.. Answers bolded

1). Current country of residence - Status, From and To fields, should I enter my current H1B start, end dates? or is it different?

Enter your port of entry date as Start date

Purpose of my visit - I entered other - right

In other - I put in To attend H1 Visa interview in Canada. - right

Indicate how long you plan to stay in Canada - what do I enter here in the From and To fields? My appointment date is on Feb 20th - enter 3 weeks duration from feb 20

Funds available for my stay (CAD) - What is the minimum they expect? - I showed $4000

I put in

Name - The Embassy of the United States of America in Canada - right

Address in Canada - 490 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario - embassy address

Relationship - what do I put in here? - leave it blank or N/A

1). Mom is in U.S with me right now, so I just enter my address as her current address right or do I enter the Indian address?

- I believe u should give India address

2). In IMM5257E, I selected reason for visiting as Other - To attend H1 Visa interview in Canada. In this form, do I select visitor or other? - I gave purpose of my visit as TOURISM

Passport:

Do I send my old and new passports both? Old one has my F1 visa stamp - New should be enough (better u send both)

From client, vendor and also from my H1B employer? - Just ur employer letter(ur H1B petitioner)

Notarized copies: Bank statements, paystubs, I-797, should be notarized? Even the visa appointment, itinerary etc? - I didn't notarize anything

Schedule 1 - Application for Temporary Resident Visa IMM 5257: Not required? - REQUIRED (This is the main aplication)

Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union [iMM 5409]: Not required? - Not required(if believe u r not in any living relationship :) )

Use of a Representative [iMM 5476] - Not required? - Not required

Lemme know if you have any questions/concerns..

Hi All,

Some of these questions might be silly so please bear with me :)

IMM5257E - Application for Temporary Resident Visa:

[From: last time you entered USA, To: your H1 expiration date]

Purpose of my visit - I entered other

In other - I put in To attend H1 Visa interview in Canada.

Indicate how long you plan to stay in Canada - what do I enter here in the From and To fields? My appointment date is on Feb 20th [You can say 1 or 2 weeks]

Funds available for my stay (CAD) - What is the minimum they expect? [$3000 is more than enough]

I put in

Name - The Embassy of the United States of America in Canada

Address in Canada - 490 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario

Relationship - what do I put in here? [Other]

1). Mom is in U.S with me right now, so I just enter my address as her current address right or do I enter the Indian address? [i would think Indian address]

2). In IMM5257E, I selected reason for visiting as Other - To attend H1 Visa interview in Canada. In this form, do I select visitor or other? [either]

Passport:

Do I send my old and new passports both? Old one has my F1 visa stamp [Yes, both of them]

From client, vendor and also from my H1B employer? [Just employer]

Notarized copies: Bank statements, paystubs, I-797, should be notarized? Even the visa appointment, itinerary etc? [Just those that are only explicitly mentioned]

Schedule 1 - Application for Temporary Resident Visa IMM 5257: Not required? [this might help http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/multimedia/video/imm5257/imm5257.asp]

Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union [iMM 5409]: Not required?

Use of a Representative [iMM 5476] - Not required?

Thanks

I have answered based on my recent experience. *Answers within [ ]*

Thanks guys.. one questions though..

My stamping date is on Feb 20th and my itinerary is like Feb 18th till Feb 22nd. Now is it OK to specify my stay in Canada as 3 weeks still?

That doesn't matter.. you don't need to send your itinerary. They will approve your visa till the expiry date in your passport, if it is for multiple entry

Hi All,

I have few Questions about Canada TRV. Planning to go for stamping but not decided the plce or date in Canada (probably in feb or march - Toronto or Ottawa).

But want to get the visitor visa ahead

IMM5257 question:

What do I put in Details of Canada visit:

Purpose of visit : I have entered other : H1B visa interview in Canada

Name address and relationship of institution???

Also: Empluyer informtion from to dates?

Is the family information form I5654 required?

I plan to go in person to New York and submit my application how much time it will take to get the visa?

Please help Thank you.

For applicants residing in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico), Bermuda, St Pierre et Miquelon and the US Virgin Islands, unless otherwise instructed by CIC, all work permit applications will now be processed at the visa office in New York City and all study permit applications will now be processed at the visa office in Los Angeles. Applications for temporary resident visas will be processed at either New York or Los Angeles. Effective immediately the east-west division along the Mississippi in the U.S. will cease to be a determining factor in where U.S. based applications are processed.

Um.. planning to apply to LA. I live in Texas. We can apply to any of the LA, NY,DC, Detroit consulates right?

i think TX is west of mississippi right, so you should be fine with LA office. I have applied online. I live 4 hours aways from NYC.

Also (for everyone in the forum) please see latest update

***Latest Update from Canada Consulate****

January 29, 2013 — Effective January 29, 2013, the Visa and Immigration Sections at the Canadian Embassy in Caracas and the Canadian Consulates General in Detroit and Seattle are closed. In addition, the Visa and Immigration Section at the Embassy in Washington, D.C. will have some services transferred to other offices. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is making changes to the way it operates in Canada and abroad. It is stepping up the pace of modernizing the way it works.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp#u

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2013-01-29.asp

• 3 weeks later...

Archived