Confusion on Status shown in ceac.state.gov

rajMarch212011

Dear Seniors,

I had my visa interview in New Delhi for H1B on Friday the 28th Dec, 2012. Interview went smoothly and Visa Officer did say that I am issuing your visa and you will get an sms when your passport is ready for pick up and kept my documents.

Now when I check my case status on https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx i see the status as "

Administrative Processing

". Both the case creation and status updated date are of 28th Dec, 2012. (29th Dec and 30th Dec is weekend).

Please advice me if this is normal and it would change to issued once they process the case and stamp the visa in next 23 working days. I am just concerned if all is well.

Thanks,

Rajat

Dear Seniors,

I had my visa interview in New Delhi for H1B on Friday the 28th Dec, 2012. Interview went smoothly and Visa Officer did say that I am issuing your visa and you will get an sms when your passport is ready for pick up and kept my documents.

Now when I check my case status on https://ceac.state.g...ker/Status.aspx i see the status as "

Administrative Processing

". Both the case creation and status updated date are of 28th Dec, 2012. (29th Dec and 30th Dec is weekend).

Please advice me if this is normal and it would change to issued once they process the case and stamp the visa in next 23 working days. I am just concerned if all is well.

Thanks,

Rajat

Give it AT LEAST 24 BUSINESS hours from the interview. Administrative Processing usually means they're PROCESSING your VISA for Issuance. It only means the other "dreaded" Administrative Processing if you don't see

Issued

after 24 to 48 hours business hours!! In which case you will get intimated by SMS or Email.

This could be client/employer verification or background check.

You will get your visa if everything is lined up.

Thanks Sam1983 for getting back.

It changed to "Issued" sometime today.

Phew!!! What a relief. After dealing with Admin Processing twice I was so tense the whole weekend.

As a note to others I *think* when the VO approves visa and Passport is in queue for printing then the case status on creation by VO is automatically in admin processing.

Once the actual Visa gets printed on passport (ina day or so) then the status is updated to Issued.

Just my thought. may be wrong.

But if it helps others from freaking out like me then it is good :)

Thanks,

Rajat

What could mean by Status "Ready" then,. Mine was changed from Admin Processing to Ready on 27 dec and again back to Admin Processing on same day 27dec...

Thanks Balrog1978. You are absolutely right.'

Ottawa19 I would think "Ready" means it is ready for pick up. SO Ideally it should move "Admin Processing" -> "Issued" -> "Ready".

I hope in your case "Ready" was a clerical error so they reverted it back and would first stamp the passport so that it is "Issued" and then change it back to "Ready".

Please note since it is a new system it has quite a few kinks to iron out and most of what I siad is guesstimation.

Cheers,

Rajat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In my case I see the "case creation date" is accurate which is Aug 24th 2012. But I also see a "status Update date" that shows Nov 5 2012. what could the latter be?? I am waiting for admin processing for 4+ months now. I am a Full time employee at a big company and this is not my first H1B stamping

Hi Foriegner2012,

What is your status as of now? I hope you have got your Visa now.

I am in a situation as you were. Was Interviewed 1st week of Feb 2013, and today the visa status check window shows a recent date under "status Update date" field. However, this happened after a string of interaction with the consular.

Can you please send me your contact info, perhaps email id, on which we can have further discussion?

Thanks,

Garry

@Garry.221g,

I am still waiting man. 7months and 10 days today.....I have had my law firm send a couple of inquiries on my behalf. and recently even asked my local senator in US to help. I heard that it doesnt expedite the process but atleast in DOS database an inquiry like that gets logged hence maybe a good thing. However, so far all I have got from them is that they are trying their best to wrap up pending cases, but still couldnt give even an approximate ETA. lets see.....

my id is *****************at gmail....

Sorry to hear that.

Did your "status update date" field change post 5th Nov 2012? I thought that if this field is updated with a recent date then the status should change as well. Did the status ever change from "Administrative Processing"?

I am unable to get your email ID since the moderator has edited it. You can email me under the ID found in my profile. It is the same as my Murthy forum's userID @ gmail.com

No, my "case update date" did not change since Nov 5th 2012. Thats the last date I have seen on ceac site. And my case still says "administrative processing". I have tried on these forums and even searched on other sites to get an exact answer to what that date actually means but I havent got that info. Every person has their own version of what that means and no one has a definitive answer. I will send you a sample email from my personal account tomorrow i.e. after I log off work today.

Archived