DS 160 Confirmation # update in Appointment confirmation when attending for visa interview in India

luck2u

Little back drop:

I haven't submitted my DS 160 sofar, but just filed all information except uploading photo which I'm planning to do it today/tomorrow. But based on the Application ID, I already booked my appointments for month of November in India.

Questions:

1. Can anyone pls confirm me whether the same Application ID will remain when I submit my DS 160 after uploading the photo or it changes?

2. If the DS 160 confirmation # changes, how do I need to update that in my scheduled appointment without any changes for my existing appointment? If I call Customer Support after submitting DS 160, do they update my existing appointment with new DS 160 confirmation or is that we need to do by logging in to ustraveldocs.com/in?

Thanks inadvance!!

If you are using the old application to upload the new photo, no change is required in the ustraveldocs.com/in portal.

But, if you are starting a new DS160 using backup of old ds160, then your application ID will change and you must change it in your profile on ustraveldocs.com/in. This will not affect your existing appointment.

Thanks everyone for your responses!! I'm able to submit DS 160 without any changes in Confirmation#.

Quick question:

The photo I uploaded is not matching with the requirement and hence I'm able to submit DS 160 without photo. So, submitting DS 160 without will be any harm or pls let me know what would be my approach when visiting OFC or Consulate for respective interviews?

Thanks inadvance!!

Thanks everyone for your responses!! I'm able to submit DS 160 without any changes in Confirmation#.

Quick question:

The photo I uploaded is not matching with the requirement and hence I'm able to submit DS 160 without photo. So, submitting DS 160 without will be any harm or pls let me know what would be my approach when visiting OFC or Consulate for respective interviews?

Thanks inadvance!!

• 4 weeks later...

When i uploaded photo..photo has been uploaded without any issue..but after hitting confirmation, photo was not seen in ds160 confirmation page.

It says "photo will be taken at ASC"

Do i need to worry? Do i need to fill another ds160?

I already scheduled interview with the submitted ds160.

Archived