Photo

Questions with regards to DS160 Form (Address, Travel, Immigrant Petition)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sirpingalot

sirpingalot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

Hi,
I will be traveling to India and intend to get my visa renewed during the month of November. I had some questions with regards to the DS160 form and would be grateful for any guidance in the following questions. I am currently working in the US (Since the past 4 years). My current visa has expired, but I have a valid I797. I had changed employers before expiration of my Visa:

1. Address and Phone Section:
Home Address: I currently reside in the US, however since I will be going to India (Chennai Consulate) for my visa stamping, should this be my Indian Address or US Address?

Mailing Address: Is this the address to which my passport will be mailed after it is stamped? If so, Should the Home address be my Indian address or US address?

Primary/Secondary Phone: Should I provide my US number or an Indian number that I can be reached at?

2. Previous U.S Travel Information
Are you applying in the same country or location where the visa above was issued, and is this country or location your place of principal residence? (Yes/No)
So my previous visa was issued at the same location, however now that I work in the US (and have been since the past 4 years), which is my place of principal residence? Is it still India? If not, how do I answer this question (as visa was issued in the same location, but it is not the country of principal residence?)

3. Monthly Income
Do I put in what is on my LCA or the current amount reflected on my paystubs? (since it has been a while and after a few review cycles). I have read a few earlier posts about the same that state that having more on your paystub should be fine, but not less (Based on the LCA). Is this accurate?

4. Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?
My company has filed for my I140 but I have not yet received a result. My assumption is that only after the filing of I485 would it be considered a immigrant petition? So currently I would answer no. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance :)

#2 GC Seeker

GC Seeker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

Hello,

Please see the answers:

1. You can use US address. However, mailing address should be your current address in India where you want it to be mailed. Provide Indian phone no as primary contact no.

2. Say YES. India is your permanent residence until you receive Green card.

3. Use salary as provided on the Pay stubs. The salary on Pay stubs can be high, but never low than LCA.

4. The application for green card process by itself is Immigration Petition. So say YES.

#3 luck2u

luck2u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

<p> </p>
<div>1.</div>
<div>Home Address should be your US residence address.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Mailing Address should be your passport mailing address after visa is printed in Passport, so this should be India address where you want your passport to be delivered.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Provide India phone number so that they can contact if needed.</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>2. Previous US Travel Information: Yes</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>3. Mention monthly income as per your paystubs.</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>4. Answer is NO.</div>

#4 AbbyD

AbbyD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

Hi,
I am in UK from last 2 years and applying VISA interview in london us embassy.
I have same question while filing DS-160.

Are you applying in the same country or location where the visa above was issued,and is this country or location your place of principal of residence? YES/NO

Since I had H1B VISA interview in India in 2007 but now I am applying from London.
So what should be the answer fro Place of principal of residence?

Thanks

#5 luck2u

luck2u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Are you applying in the same country or location where the visa above was issued,and is this country or location your place of principal of residence?
You answer will be NO.

#6 harshaopt11

harshaopt11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:19 AM

Hi,

My previous visa stamp was from Chennai consulate. Now I want to attend Visa interview from Hyderabad since my place of residence is Hyderabad.

In form DS-160 Are you applying in the same country or location where the visa above was issued,and is this country or location your place of principal of residence? 

Should I answer Yes/NO?

Thank you!

#7 jairichi

jairichi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,590 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:46 AM

Hi,

My previous visa stamp was from Chennai consulate. Now I want to attend Visa interview from Hyderabad since my place of residence is Hyderabad.

In form DS-160 Are you applying in the same country or location where the visa above was issued,and is this country or location your place of principal of residence? 

Should I answer Yes/NO?

Thank you!

Your answer has to be YES as your country is the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users