H1B Visa to F1 then to H1B

suraparaju2012

Hello members,

I lost my job recently. My employer told that they will be cancelling my H1 this weekend. I have a H1B visa valid upto 2014. I have been working on H1B visa for the last 4 years and I have done my Masters on F1 earlier before I got H1B.

So, now i am trying to apply for a university F1 visa now so that i can be in status. If I go to INDIA in October,. I should definitely go for Stamping since it is a change in visa. Please correct me.

If I get the stamping on my F1 visa, will my H1B visa which is valid until 2014 be cancelled immediately as I am will be on F1 visa then officiallly. i need to again apply for H1 next year quota is it ? Please tell me.

Can I still come back to USA with a valid F1 visa and safely get a job and do a H1 transfer to another company if I get a job and leave my F1 visa as is.

any suggestions and advise is appreciated.

Thank you

Regards

Krish

You have quite a mis conception/information.

If the company revokes your H1B, then that stamping on your passport means nothing. Your H1 status is gone.

When you get your F1 stamped, then you will come to US as a student and will have to go through the same process which you went through when you first converted from F1 to H1.

Hello members,

I lost my job recently. My employer told that they will be cancelling my H1 this weekend. I have a H1B visa valid upto 2014. I have been working on H1B visa for the last 4 years and I have done my Masters on F1 earlier before I got H1B.

So, now i am trying to apply for a university F1 visa now so that i can be in status.

Universities have deadlines. The quarter/semester has laready started.

You can't just change to F1 in the spur of a moment.

Also, an F1 is not for "bridging" some time.

An F1 is for studying. If you don't want to study, don't get an F1.

And forget any of these shady diploma mills. Signing up with them would only result in you killing your future in the US.

Thank you members for the advises and suggestions. I wanted to know how the things would be.

Also I want to share more information of me. Usually Mechanical engineering companies take nearly a month or two to hire for the job positions. last quarter of the year - getting a new job now soon is always a risk.

Also the big thing is I have my wedding coming up in the last week of October month. I need to travel to India for my wedding as I cannot postpone it with it being a month away from now.

If I try to convert to an IT consultant - when I apply for a H1 transfer there will definitely be a query - RFE since there is a conflict between mechanical engineering back ground and IT job.

How can I safely travel to India next month - get married and return to USA in this current situation? Please help me out and your advice is really appreciated.

Archived