H1B Visa Stamping @ Hyderabad Consulate

Eks

Hello All:

As most of you might aware of the new visa interview scheduling system that needs to be followed in order to make an appointment for H1B visa stamping @ hyderabad consulate. I am unable to use my HDFC Receipt Number in the website with this new system. any one with the same issue? also what is this "Request Number" that i need to fill in under the petitioner information ? Any one know about the contact email address or phone number of the ustraveldocs.com/in ? Let me know.

Thanks,

Eks

Below is the contact info for new visa process in consulates located across India. I suggest you to call or email and get all necessary information.

Email ID for any questions: support-india@ustraveldocs.com

Call centers will be open 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday through Friday, and 9:00 am to 6:00 pm on Sunday. The numbers

are (91-120) 660-2222 or (91-22) 6720-9400 in India or 1-310-616-5424 in the United States.

Thanks luck2u for the correct email address. After I sent an email to that ID, I atleast got an automated reply with a case number.

As for the call center, I called the US number today morning and was on hold for an hour. I finally had to go to the restroom so I cut the call :)

Looks like I will be booking my appointment when I reach India. If my HDFC receipt doesnt get accepted, I will be super mad but then again, I plan to go to Singapore or something and get the visa there until they figure out whats going on with the website in India.

Just got an email from the support. I am being told to wait until 23rd Sep, Sunday before I can use the receipt. The response said the site will be fully functional 23rd onwards. Called one of the numbers in India and was actually able to speak to a person this time. She said they are still working on it and all phones and representatives will be able to help pretty soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

First off, thank you for your wishes, and good luck with your interview. I attended interview at the Hyd consulate. I come under cap-exemption category. Waiting time was horrible.

@ Sumanmanu, ya, I knew of the photo requirements before hand. A quick fix for that, upload any photo with less than 200 kb file size, after which you would get a message saying photo does not meet requirements, and would like to continue without photo. Choose continue without photo and complete the process. You wouldn't need a photo with the new system, as they take fingerprints and photo at the OFC center before the interview.

An other minor detail, as of now, try avoiding the lady VC, she is very mean and rejects most of the applications. I went to a guy, hwo was very cool and accepted all applications before and including me.

Archived