H1B Re-interview after 10 months. Client Verification Required

DontWorryBeHappy

All,

Here is my case background.

H1-B extension, EVC model, Had client and vendor letters

Oct-2011 - Attended Visa interview at Hyd, 221(g) white given after back to back E-E related questions

Nov-2011 - Denial letter and case sent back to USCIS with recommendation to revoke

Dec-2011 - USCIS received case

Feb-2012 - USCIS reaffirmed and my employer received reaffirmation original

Aug-2012 - PIMS updated with reaffirmation status, Hyd Consulate called me for re-interview

Today I attended my second interview at U.S.Consulate, Hyderabad. Interview was smooth. In the end, Visa Officer told that he needs to verify with Client whether I have a project or not.

Here are the interview details

Visa Officer: Who is your employer?

Me: Told

VO: Who is your Client?

Me: Told

VO: Do you have a Client Letter?

Me: Unfortunately I didn't have the letter sir but I got the email confirmation from client and I have the Vendor letter as well. Gave it to him

VO: The email letter is saying "Client would be interested if I come back with Visa" but they are not confirming whether there is a job?

Me: There is a job sir.

VO: I need to verify it with Client.

Me: Sure sir, there are Client email ids in the client e-mail letter

VO: Yeah, I am emailing, I need contact number as well. (Contact number is not mentioned in the mail)

Me: I have another client letter sir(Old one, Submitted to USCIS at the time of my extension), which has a Client contact number. Gave it to him.

VO: Ok, I will verify with Client and will give you Visa if there is a job. If there is no job, I will not be giving you a Visa and I will return petition back to USCIS saying lack of employment.

Me: Ok sir, Thank you. Have a nice day.

VO: You too.

He kept Passport, Reaffirmation original, Reaffirmation copy, Client email copy, Vendor letter, Old client letter copy with him. He didn't give any 221(g) this time.

I alerted Vendor to alert Client about the verification. Need to see how it progresses. Will update you guys. What are my chances this time???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am not sure how they contacted. I came to know from my vendor about the verification when I contacted them after my passport is returned back to me. Actually Client had the position. Unfortunately it wasn't in my managers team, it was in another manager's team.

Since I worked with the other manager for couple of months he sent a email confirmation saying he would be interested if I come back with a valid visa. I took the same to interview but Consulate wanted to cross check with Client. Consulate asked for the contact number which was not mentioned in email confirmation.

In that moment I gave a previous client letter which had client contracts department managers contact number as I didn't took a note of my manager's contact number. The verification call/mail went to that contracts dept guy and he said he is not interested. The reason I came to know from my vendor is that the contracts manager isn't interested in me as earlier I tried changing to a different prime vendor when my initial visa stamping got denied.

• 3 months later...

Archived