Got 221G white form today

prashu225

Hi All,

I had interview at 8 AM, was called in by the Chinese VO at counter 2.

My Case: F1 - h1,

working since 2009 for same client

was EVC until i was on OPT,

and EC since H1b.

Questions asked:

1. Who do you work for?

A. employer name

2. Provide your I-129/LCA and recent paystubs.

3. Whos your client?

Client name

4. What is your role?

Told the role which was on the client letter, a bit different from that of I-129. (VO might have confused with this and asked why were both different. I explained that my designation for the current project is provided on the client letter. but my actual role is what is given on I-129).

5). How long have you been working for this company (employer)?

so and so.

6). Who was your previous employer? Was it with the same client? Why did you switch the employers?

uI said i had many benefits with current employer like big clients and health benefits.

VO stressed on this question by asking about previous employer and meanwhile was trying to fetch out 221g form from rack beside.

Scratched off the F1 Student visa on passport and removed i-94. Handed back the passport along with the 221g form and told they need to further review the application.

I heard similar stories from many of you guys and so for now just waiting on response from consulate.

Is there an average time limit for processing of 221g white forms? Is this anything around 2 weeks or even less?

6). Who was your previous employer? Was it with the same client? Why did you switch the employers?

uI said i had many benefits with current employer like big clients and health benefits.

VO stressed on this question by asking about previous employer and meanwhile was trying to fetch out 221g form from rack beside.

I think that Chinese VO, thinks that whenever you/we change the employer at that time you were benched( this is what I got from 3 of my friends).

Second mistake was the mismatch of the title.

I am 99% sure that your client will get an email to verify the employment.

Which Consulate office did you visit? City? I am in a same situation, previously i was in EVC model but now i am in EC model. I transferred my H1b like 3 months back to my vendor and now i am planning to go to visa stamping in SEP.

Can any one suggest if going to visa stamping after changing employer ( with in four months) is safe or not?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived