Registered Nurse (RN) in UK coming to USA on H4. How to legally work?

laxrao69

As a registered nurse in the UK, do you have a nursing degree (equivalent to a U.S. Bachelor of Science in Nursing, BSN)?. If so, then you should not have difficulty getting a job offer as nurses are in demand. As part of your job offer, you will need the employer to petition for an employment visa. The process may take several months before you are authorized to work. Note: There are some specific (favorable) immigration regulations for nurses.

Many (if not most) large hospitals and medical centers routinely hire foreign nurses, and are knowledgeable about qualification equivalence and visa requirements. You may also want to consult with an qualified, experienced immigration attorney (maybe starting with the attorney handling your spouse’s H-1B visa?).

You should first read up licensing requirements in the state where you intend to reside. There may be reciprocity in some states. You may have to give an exam. I would suggest talking to the Royal College of Nursing for any relevant information if at all they have any.

Any links you can provide? If links dont show up then may be copy-paste the info would help. Thanks so much.

Let me rephrase my advise to you. One needs a License to practice as a RN in this country. Start from there. It is a long drawn process. A RN in UK has no automatic Licensing privileges in most states of the Union. Look for a company experienced with Nursing jobs for Foreign trained Nurses. Next years H1 starts from next October,1. EB3 for anyone takes eons about 6-8 years and the so called favorable regulations for Nurses are no longer applicable. Yes the part about talking to a Lawyer at some point of time is valid.

As a registered nurse in the UK, do you have a nursing degree (equivalent to a U.S. Bachelor of Science in Nursing, BSN)?. If so, then you should not have difficulty getting a job offer as nurses are in demand. As part of your job offer, you will need the employer to petition for an employment visa. The process may take several months before you are authorized to work. Note: There are some specific (favorable) immigration regulations for nurses.

Many (if not most) large hospitals and medical centers routinely hire foreign nurses, and are knowledgeable about qualification equivalence and visa requirements. You may also want to consult with an qualified, experienced immigration attorney (maybe starting with the attorney handling your spouse’s H-1B visa?).

Thank you. Pls post more info if any you know.

Let me rephrase my advise to you. One needs a License to practice as a RN in this country. Start from there. It is a long drawn process. A RN in UK has no automatic Licensing privileges in most states of the Union. Look for a company experienced with Nursing jobs for Foreign trained Nurses. Next years H1 starts from next October,1. EB3 for anyone takes eons about 6-8 years and the so called favorable regulations for Nurses are no longer applicable. Yes the part about talking to a Lawyer at some point of time is valid.

Can any employer file the Nurse H1? Like my spouse's IT consulting firm??

Archived