Got 221g Green slip in Chennai on May25th,2012......

Akki03

I have attended visa interview on May 25th for H1 renewal. My interview duration was more than 3 hours.

First I was sent to VO and I was asked about my employer and all petition documents submitted to USCIS . I showed everything. With in 3 minutes of frame VO asked about my salary around 4 times.After seeing all documents he said I need to put more questions to you please wait for some time. I have waited more than half an hour then a guy came and asked me to go to one other counter. To my surprise in the other counter I saw an Indian lady sitting and she started taking my interview. The interview duration with her was more than 2 hours each and every document was verified starting from tenth certificate. I was asked bunch of questions and explanations for each one. She verified last one year pay stubs and asked each deduction calculated each thing in calculator.After 3 hours I was tired of giving explanations. But still I continued explaining her. I was just not able to produce end client letter as my company has a policy not to give one.I showed vendor letter which did mention about my client policy. I tried showing my client photographs,presentations that lady did not even bother to take a look at it. After more than 3 hours she prepared a doc with all questions and the answers i gave. At the end VO came and reviewed. In the mean time I was asked to write about all clients i worked with duration and my responsibilities in a Sworn Statement and they made me sign it. As I was able to produce everything except client letter and vendor client agreement which vendor did not provide due to some confidentiality concerns, Vo gave me a green slip and asked me to submit those docs and he spoke to me in a high tone saying you signed this sworn statement and iam going to investigate on my side and you go ahead and submit those docs marked in green slip then we will see and returned my passport.By the time I came out the duration of my interview was 4 hours.My turn was at 7:45 AM and i came out by 11:45 PM .It was such a long day for me.

I would like to know if anyone else is in same boat. How long will it take to process these once I submit documents. Iam going to request my client for a letter and agreement copy from vendor. But can any one suggest me if the client is not willing to give a letter. Shall I have to lose hope of getting my visa? Can i submit vendor letter which says client has no policy to give client letter and submit agreement copies along with client place photographs that I have? My vacation ends this june 15th. Now I don't know what to do. If my client gives letter i can submit but don;t know what to do if they dont give one.

Could any one suggest me, if I can able to get all docs requested and submitted to VFS how long will it take? or If i don't get letter from Client what I am supposed to do? What is this sworn statement ? Did any one filled it before like me?

Please suggest?

Thanks!

@Akki03

I am very sorry to hear about your visa interview experience

I guess we are on same boat.

I attended the Visa interview on 25th May 2012 at Chennai Location. (EC Model), for me it took almost 3 hours to finish the interview.

Initially a Lady interviewed, it went for about 10 minutes or so then she transferred my case to another counter. (Counter No 27 if I am not wrong).There an Indian guy (I believe VFS employee) took my interview for about 2 hours.

The following items being asked and verified during the interview

• Education details ( like my bachelor degree, Masters(US) degree, When did I passed out, What is my degree specialization )
  • My OPT details , all my previous H1 B Employee with From - To Dates
  • Verified last 4 years W2's
  • Requested to show my degree and Masters certificate
  • Took my Client Letter
  • Took job offer letter from Employer
  • Itinerary of Services with dates
  • Project Name and Description
  • Took I-129
  • Letter submitted to USCIS
  • Took I-797
  • Last 3 years Pay stubs
  • My Employers Tax Returns(Last 3 Years)
  • He asked how much I paid to my Employer for H1 B Petition
  • Asked how i found the job
  • Asked how many levels of interviews took place
  • Asked how my current technology will be useful to the project etc..

At the end I was asked to document all the details discussed on Sworn Statement and took my signature.Then the VO kept Client Letter,Letter from Employer, I-129, LCA and Original I-797 and returned my passport

I was asked to produce the following documents

1. Letter from Client company regarding project and copy of contract between H1B sponsor and client with all the details of time of project, agreement, etc
  2. A detail report on the project that you will work on at client including the technical details, time line, current status, employees assigned, etc

Little Background about my case:

I came to India Last year for my H1 B renewal , attended interview at Hyderabad US Consulate(EVC Model) in the Month of May 2011(221G Blue Form) , my visa got denied after 5 months (i.e.Oct 2011).

Guys please share your thoughts if anybody has already faced the similar situation.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Akki03 / 221GBlueGreen,

I am in similar situation. Was your client / employer contacted after submitting the documents ?

Best luck.

Thanks

I have attended visa interview on May 25th for H1 renewal. My interview duration was more than 3 hours.

First I was sent to VO and I was asked about my employer and all petition documents submitted to USCIS . I showed everything. With in 3 minutes of frame VO asked about my salary around 4 times.After seeing all documents he said I need to put more questions to you please wait for some time. I have waited more than half an hour then a guy came and asked me to go to one other counter. To my surprise in the other counter I saw an Indian lady sitting and she started taking my interview. The interview duration with her was more than 2 hours each and every document was verified starting from tenth certificate. I was asked bunch of questions and explanations for each one. She verified last one year pay stubs and asked each deduction calculated each thing in calculator.After 3 hours I was tired of giving explanations. But still I continued explaining her. I was just not able to produce end client letter as my company has a policy not to give one.I showed vendor letter which did mention about my client policy. I tried showing my client photographs,presentations that lady did not even bother to take a look at it. After more than 3 hours she prepared a doc with all questions and the answers i gave. At the end VO came and reviewed. In the mean time I was asked to write about all clients i worked with duration and my responsibilities in a Sworn Statement and they made me sign it. As I was able to produce everything except client letter and vendor client agreement which vendor did not provide due to some confidentiality concerns, Vo gave me a green slip and asked me to submit those docs and he spoke to me in a high tone saying you signed this sworn statement and iam going to investigate on my side and you go ahead and submit those docs marked in green slip then we will see and returned my passport.By the time I came out the duration of my interview was 4 hours.My turn was at 7:45 AM and i came out by 11:45 PM .It was such a long day for me.

I would like to know if anyone else is in same boat. How long will it take to process these once I submit documents. Iam going to request my client for a letter and agreement copy from vendor. But can any one suggest me if the client is not willing to give a letter. Shall I have to lose hope of getting my visa? Can i submit vendor letter which says client has no policy to give client letter and submit agreement copies along with client place photographs that I have? My vacation ends this june 15th. Now I don't know what to do. If my client gives letter i can submit but don;t know what to do if they dont give one.

Could any one suggest me, if I can able to get all docs requested and submitted to VFS how long will it take? or If i don't get letter from Client what I am supposed to do? What is this sworn statement ? Did any one filled it before like me?

Please suggest?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Please suggest?

Thanks!

Hi Akki..

I am also in same boat, but that mine is first time H1B Visa.. Please see my experience below. Any updates on your case yet??

I had my interveiw at chennai consulate on 04 - Sep -2012. Mine is a small desi employer from US. EC model.. I was interviewed by VO for 3 minutes. Then I was taken to another counter where I was questioned for around an hour. Right from my education qualtification, experience, job with US employer etc.. all of it were recorded. Then I was given a SWORN statement and I had to sign it with all the details I told them. Then I was given 221G green form with no additional documents requested, Since all documents were in there already. Passport was returned back.. Just hoping for the best. My case is a genuine case where I have attended interview around Jan 2012 and my US employer selected me and rolled out the offer.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was in H1 B extension and returned to India for vaccation on 1st september where i need to do the visa stamping at Kolkata consulate on 5th Sepetember and got the 221 (g) green slip. During my interview they asked only two questions to me.

1. Your client name

2. Your work location

and after that they gave me 221 (g) green slip and asked to wait, after that they called me again after 45 mins at a different counter and asked me to provide the height, weight, family information etc, they kept my passport.

I am not sure what set of information they are looking to process my case further.

It is almost more than 2 months and i am not sure if i will get the visa stamped.

Please let me know guys if any one get your visa stamped and how long they will take to process, and if we can do any follow up with US consulate.

Archived