Jump to content


H4 to H1 sponsorship

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Koala12



  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

I'm in H4 now; have a master's from USA; got a job offer but the company won't sponsor H1B; can I self sponsor or do I need to find a consultant? If so, what's the procedure?
I need to reply the company without delay; please help!!


#2 JoeF


    Got helped? Now help !!

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,415 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

Only an employer can file an H1.
And you should stay away from consulting companies.

#3 fridaylaw



  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:56 AM

Applying for jobs with companies that don't or won't sponsor H1B visas is a waste of time & effort. So find a another job.

#4 naani


    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

H1 B Visa can only be applied by am employer. But these days there are desi consulting companies who sponser H1 B visa but they take H1 B fee from the employee..which is not legal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users