Change from F-1 to H1- B (Florida licensed RN)

nkc62

Hi:)

I am currently pursuning my BSN-DNP at a university in Florida, I took the NCLEX and am currently licenced to practice in the State of Florida.

I was educated in South India and earned my Bachelors in Nursing in 2007, I then worked for two years and then applied for my masters/doctoral studies to universities in the States. I am currently in Florida and have completed two semesters.I want to work full-time as an RN and study part-time. I have a potential employer but they are not willing to hire me without a H1- B visa.

Question:

• Is it possible for me convert my F-1 to H1-B if I get an offer letter from my prospective employer?
  • Will I still be able to study if I convert F-1 to H1-B?

Thank you.

Regards

NK

please consult a lawyer.

you can change status from F1 to H1 and you can study on H1 as long as you don't violate the H1 terms.

it is only possible for you to change status to H1 if your employer is willing to petition you for H1, you cannot do it alone and would need a petitioner (your prospective employer).

Hi:)

I am currently pursuning my BSN-DNP at a university in Florida, I took the NCLEX and am currently licenced to practice in the State of Florida.

I was educated in South India and earned my Bachelors in Nursing in 2007, I then worked for two years and then applied for my masters/doctoral studies to universities in the States. I am currently in Florida and have completed two semesters.I want to work full-time as an RN and study part-time. I have a potential employer but they are not willing to hire me without a H1- B visa.

Question:

• Is it possible for me convert my F-1 to H1-B if I get an offer letter from my prospective employer?
  • Will I still be able to study if I convert F-1 to H1-B?

Thank you.

Regards

NK

Archived