9 replies to this topic

#1 king.chiru786

king.chiru786

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

Hi,

I do have Indian Passport valid for 2020 and a valid US non-immigrant visa for next 2.5 years. I am travelling from USA to India via London. I do have 8 hrs wait time in London, so wanted to go out of airport for few hrs and meet few friends and come back to same London airport to board flight to India.

Do I have to take Transit visa before I travel from USA or can i get one while i am at London airport?

Did anyone have similar experience recently ?

#2 king.chiru786

king.chiru786

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

Thanks for your reply omshiv

#3 rc10

rc10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

I have valid H1B with I-94 and travelling to India on May 11th via London. My flight is coming from SFO to London and will be leaving London to chennai in 2 hours from the same terminal

Do i need to take transit visa ?

#4 reluctantsnowman

reluctantsnowman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

RC10 - You dont need a transit visa

#5 nb_ma

nb_ma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

Pretty confusing information all over. Every place we see has conflicting information.

Here is my situation - Travelling from India to US through London airport. Do I need a transit visa?

I have a travel permit (advance parole) to enter back in US.
I don't have a valid visa stamp on my passport.

From the following website, there is some data that shows we need a transit visa
http://www.****************.html

Folks - Can someone chime in and help me out?

Do I need a transit visa

#6 rc10

rc10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

Hi,

In my case, i dont have stamped visa in my passport. I have H1B valid and I-94.

and travelling from SFO to Chennai... Do i need a transit visa or not?

Some of my friends are telling me that i do need transit visa as i dont have a stamped visa on my passport...

Please let me know asap as i have made travel plans in next 1 week..,,

Thanks,
RC10

#7 sow_82

sow_82

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

[quote name='rc10' timestamp='1335724466' post='140974']
Hi,

In my case, i dont have stamped visa in my passport. I have H1B valid and I-94.

and travelling from SFO to Chennai... Do i need a transit visa or not?

Some of my friends are telling me that i do need transit visa as i dont have a stamped visa on my passport...

Please let me know asap as i have made travel plans in next 1 week..,,

Thanks,
RC10
[/quote]

If you dont have stamping, and want to transit through London, airport transit visa is mandatory

#8 ChemEngrBom

ChemEngrBom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

Beware that the "transit" visa most people get is a DATV: Direct Airside Transit Visa. AFAIK you [b]cannot [/b]leave the airport with that. So the poster who wants to meet friends etc. is out of luck. You need a different visa to leave the airport.

#9 varunc

varunc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:20 AM

Hey,

I am planning to travel to India in a couple of weeks for my H1 Visa stamping. I have booked my flight via London. I saw some posts with regards to a Transit Visa being require through London. I still have a stamp on my F1 Visa on my passport which does not expire till 2 more years (expiration date on the Visa). I am technically on H1B in this country now. Is the presence of a non-expired F1 Visa on my passport (Obviously I do not have any paperwork to prove it like I20, etc) enough for me to travel through London without a Transit Visa? If not, what are my options?

Any help with this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#10 manickan

manickan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

[quote name='varunc' timestamp='1337617244' post='145135']
Hey,

I am planning to travel to India in a couple of weeks for my H1 Visa stamping. I have booked my flight via London. I saw some posts with regards to a Transit Visa being require through London. I still have a stamp on my F1 Visa on my passport which does not expire till 2 more years (expiration date on the Visa). I am technically on H1B in this country now. Is the presence of a non-expired F1 Visa on my passport (Obviously I do not have any paperwork to prove it like I20, etc) enough for me to travel through London without a Transit Visa? If not, what are my options?

Any help with this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
[/quote]

Hi,

did you travel to india without any problem/ if so can u pls share your experience? I am also in the same situation and need to travel to India next month.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users