Question regarding filling up DS 160

gcsgc

Experts, please help.

1. I am employed by Company A.

2. But I work at Company B, who is a client of Company A.

Question:

In the 'Temporary Work Visa section of DS-160', are the following answer's correct?

Name of Employer: Company A (Employer name)

Address: Company B's address (Client address).

My attorney is asking me to give Company B's (Client) name as 'Name of Employer'. Please help. Thanks

Thanks Sanjiv.

Lets keep the attorney name a secret :-).

If u look at the new DS160 form, (they had few revisions about a month ago) in the page where it asks for 'Temporary work information', the following are the questions.

1) Name of the Person or Company filed ur petition

Where do u intend to work:

1) Name of employer

2) Address

3) Salary.

I am wondering why they have both the questions 'Name of company filed ur petition' and 'Name of employer'. Bcoz, i think in all cases, they are the same?! no?

@gcsgc

1) Name of the Person or Company filed ur petition

Where do u intend to work:

1) Name of employer

2) Address

3) Salary.

You need to provide your employer name in company files ur petition and your client address in where do u intend to work.

Now a days they want to know how is working in client location and fulltime position in DS160 What your attorney told is correct only.

For gcsgc

A contractor is never suppossed to enter the name of the Client anywhere in DS- 160.Your petitioner details should be present wherever needed in the DS- 160. Even employer address is not the Client Address.

A Client is your Employer when you are directly hired by that Company NOT a EVC, EVVC ...model

I have one doubt regarding

Name of the Person or Company who filed ur petition?

It mentions 'Person or Company', so can it mean the official who signed on the I129 application on behalf of the employer. In my last I129 this was Director, HR and his name, address and signatures were at a number of places. And then we mention the name of employer and address in the next section.

I don't want to create more confusion just looking for an answer to clarify my doubt.

Name of the Person or Company who filed ur petition? (This has to be your employer / company name, NOT any individual name because your H1 petition was approved for employment in company not basis on any individual)

In your approval notice it should be something like this

XXXX Corporation.

c/o of Director, HR...

Address of Company

and in DS - 160 remember to mention only company name nothing else...

Here's what my HR told and made sense to me"

1. Petitioner/ Employer who filed your - same address

2. Place where you intend to work is your client location. I am in the process of filling out the DS form and was confused. My employer asked me to put client location where it's written - intend to work anywhere else it should be employer's address

Reason it made sense because I don't work at my employer's location and that's what was mentioned when my petition was filed. Good question! I am still not convinced with an answer!!! Throw in more details guys!!

Folks! and Folks!

this got me into thinking. I re-read the form: It says: who filed your petition: obviously employer. Period!

Section 2 - where do you intend to work has buncha questions, first being:

Name of the employer: so same as above, right?

Address: This obviously has to be the address of the employer! Though I mentioned above that my HR said out client address, I think this is a related Address question to Name of the employer.

Be candid and share your thoughts, please! Feedback and feedback! let's close this once for all ;-)

Thanks Sanjiv.

I also found some other threads which also mention that DS160 is all about petitioner/Employer.

So in "present work info" page as well as "Temp work visa" page we have to mention Employers info only. Also it is convenient to mention your employer again as "Your US contact" (total 3 places having employer/petitioner info).