visa stamping without original I-797

vrbhu

Hi All,

I did a quick search but couldn't get a very straight forward thread which answers my question.

Here is the situation.

I am out of US and got the approval of H1 today. Is it possible to go for an stamping interview wihout the original copy of i-797? has anyone tried this.

Since I am out of US getting the physical copy will take around 2-2.5 weeks and my employer doesn't want to wait that long.

I am currently in singapore.

any one have any similar experiences?

Hi All,

I did a quick search but couldn't get a very straight forward thread which answers my question.

Here is the situation.

I am out of US and got the approval of H1 today. Is it possible to go for an stamping interview wihout the original copy of i-797? has anyone tried this.

Since I am out of US getting the physical copy will take around 2-2.5 weeks and my employer doesn't want to wait that long.

I am currently in singapore.

any one have any similar experiences?

No. You have to have original I-797 man, dont take chances, why dont your employer/Attorney Use UPS or DHL it is faster.

Hi,

Since then they are maintaining PIMS database, no longer we need to carry original I797 (copy of I797 is ok) for Visa stamping.....

I recently got US visa stamping in Canada without original I797. Below is the email I got after I booked appointment.

List of Documents

• To verify petition approval, the applicant will be required to present the I-129 petition receipt number.

If the applicant is a professional truck driver seeking a visa to drive routes in the United States, the applicant should bring:

• A Canadian Truck driver's license.
  • Letter of employment from the trucking company and recent pay slips.
  • Proof of ties to Canada.

• Original or copy of Notice of Approval Form I-797A or I-797B.
  • Copy of approved LCA if applicable.
  • If previously under J-1 in the United States, the applicant needs waiver of 2 year foreign residence rule.
  • Evidence of qualifications must be originals or certified copies. Consular officers in Canada may refuse to issue a visa to H-1B applicants if their education and/or work experience is solely or predominantly from a country other than the United States or Canada, such applicants are strongly advised to apply in the country where they were educated and/or performed the qualifying work experience.

• 4 years later...

Archived