Stamping Location Query

givemevisa

Guys, question.

My first US visit was on H1 via company "A", went back to India and came back the second time with the same company "A" on a L1B visa. Then jumped ship to company "B" on H1B via "Change of Satus". Now need to get stamping done as I need to go to India for marriage by end of year. Question is can I go to Canada for stamping? I hear that since this is my first time stamping of H1B with company "B" and since it was a COS from L1 to H1, I have to go back to India for stamping.

Your inputs would be greately appreciated.

Thanks

@givemevisa....

You have gone through successful visa stamping twice..once for H1 and once for L1 for Company "A" right!!

I think you can now go to Canada for staus change L1 to H1.

Carry proper documentation like Client Letter, Payslips, W-2 etc

Just sharing my opinion...

All the best

Hey, I am honestly suggesting you that dont come to INDIA. Many people are suffering with visa rejections even though they have genuine jobs. Is it your marriage or cousin marriage. If it is your marriage please postpone.

IF You dont care about going to back to US then come to INDIA for stamping.

is there anyone who did change of status from L1 to H1 and then got there stamping done in Canada. I am asking this because a friend of mine in similar situation went to mexico and was told its not possible at mexico. any help is greatly appreciated.

@arjunmaca: Its my marriage and I have been postponing since 2 years for this very same reason. I spoke to a few people who went through 221g in India, though they have to wait about 2 months they all came back. Are you stuck on 221g? If so did you have client letter and H1 ammendment done to the current client before going for stamping as I hear most 221g delays beyond 2 months are for cases were ammendment was not done to indicate the current client.

@arjunmaca;

Can you let me know if your ammedment done to the present client when you went for stamping? You gave me the link for this same post. 18months....wow you have patience man. Are you not trying a different employer?

By the way my question is not which is better between Canada or India. I want to know if i can even go to Canada because I did a change of status to H1 from L1, and nobody here seems to comments on that.

• 1 year later...

Archived