Vancouver: EVC h1b Rejected :(

ottawa_rocks

Sad stories do come across a little faster than they should :(

My cousin got his h1b stamping rejected last week @ vancouver :( & I came to know about it today==> he has his friend there thankfully so he is living with him for now.

His case: EVC model, 1st time h1, did masters from US, excellent marks everything: all letters etc

VO: How are you

Cousin: fine

VO: your job title?

COusin: XXX

VO: How long with this emp?

Cousin: 1 month

VO: Why left previous?

Cousin: Better pay,,,,blah blah bullshit

General questions as in...show lca/797 etc were also asked but i am not including them here.

VO: Show me your paystubs

Cousin: given

At this time, we cannot issue you the visa & gave 221g white

Client did not receive anything, vendor did not get any call, case sent back to USCIS for revocation and now he is flying back to India :(

Guys, please don't live in a dream world that Vanc is nice and people are sweet. Everywhere it's hard & pretty much the same. It's an age of computers--> where everything is connected.

Canada may be quicker but not 100% sure shot :(

Ottawa rocks

Thanks for posting this. Your posting earlier about Ottawa was a confidence booster for many. By seeing that few people I know booked an apointment but I was at Ottawa consulate last week. I got visa approved but many of my friends who went together received 221g (4 out of 7). Waiting for more than a week now.

But wanted to tell everybody that Canada is only better compared to Hyderabad or chennai as processing times are less but its a 50-50 game as well.

I posted a topic "Current Situation in Ottawa" to tell exactly whats happening in Ottawa based on atleast 15 cases.

Can anyone share how are the things in Vancouver. I have heard 221gs and denials coming along as well.

Thanks

Reddy

@tinku : thats true .. vancouver has had 4 221gs in past 15 days according to murthy forum which i read every day ...we can guess approval rate in vancouver is 70-30 now .. since many dont write their experiences..this may go worst in march .. as it gets crowded day by day ..

the reason of rejection will be definately mentioned in the letter or atleast said by VO why he cannot issue the visa. Can you please be more clear on this. ... There is something your cousin not disclosing you or there is something else in this case.

according to me i am assuming since its new employer and that too 1 month old there might be many things into consideration.

he said better pay --- how can ur cousin support/ prove that with 1 or 2 pay stuffs.

what ever company he joined how big is the company ? what was the reputation of it compared to the old one.

so this is just an example... but there are many things to be consider in this case.

Guys be confident thats all i can say and leave the rest.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ottawa_rocks, the consulate must have provided your cousin with a reason for rejecting his application for the visa - could you please share what it was?

I went for my second stamping with less than one month of tenure with my current employer. I am a fulltime employee for a big multinational company. I was working for a similar company in the past too. The VO did not ask why I switched. But I did get admin processing the second time, which I am assuming is due to the technological field that I am working in. In short, I do not believe changing your employer or going for an interview too soon would result in admin processing and rejection.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived