7 replies to this topic

#1 dolby17

dolby17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:01 AM

Hi folks

Just wanted to share my experience with all of you.

Please plz DO NOT go to Nassau Bahamas for H1B visa renewal. The Visa Officers here are not issuing visas. They are delaying/Rejecting your visa by asking for numerous additional and new documents which no body would ever carry or have heard before. Even if you get them ready and go again they are rejecting your visa. The Visa Officers here are scrutinizing Employer-Employee relationship (based on MEMO that was issued last year) which they seem to totally misinterpreted or they dont want us to get the Visas and are asking for performace evaluations/reviews........Nobody would have these documents and you are screwd big time. Once this happens there are no Options from here and you will get stuck here. There is almost no way to get out from this small place Nassau.

So beware and i would strongly recommend going to home country for any visa renewals.

Please spread the word and help people.

thanks
HK

#2 hbethi

hbethi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:21 AM

Hi Krishna,
I need you help, I have booked appointment May 4th to renew my h1b visa in Nassau, Bahamas.
Can you please share your experience. This is very impotent for me.
I was very shock you mail.

Thanks,
Hari

#3 Naren1986

Naren1986

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:29 AM

Did you go for the Visa? If so when and what questions were asked to you.

#4 johnsilver

johnsilver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:11 AM

Could you please provide more details about your specific situation.

What were the documents that they were looking for ?
Was this your first renewal ?
Did you go back to the Bahamas with the requested evidence ?
Do you work at a third party work location or at your employer's offices (or is this relevant at all) ?

regards
John

#5 dolby17

dolby17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:15 PM

Hi

I went for the visa renewal. They have asked me to bring lot of additional documents (especially employer-employee contracts, performance reviews,evaluations......). I didn't have time to gather the documents in the time i was allowed to stay in the bahamas. So i decided to go back to India.

I would NOT recommend anyone going to Bahamas. Beware

thanks

#6 Vammsc

Vammsc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:37 PM

Hi Krishna..Could u pls share the details as to what was H1B kind(1st,renewal or 7th yr ext), do u have MS from US if its IT or non IT MS..etc.. thanks

#7 londontown

londontown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:52 AM

So, you went for interview without Client Letter, Employer and Vendor contracts?

We were also thinking the to go to Bahamas. How did you fly to India from Bahamas?

Please reply.

Thanks.

Originally posted by dolby17:
Hi

I went for the visa renewal. They have asked me to bring lot of additional documents (especially employer-employee contracts, performance reviews,evaluations......). I didn't have time to gather the documents in the time i was allowed to stay in the bahamas. So i decided to go back to India.

I would NOT recommend anyone going to Bahamas. Beware

thanks

#8 dolby17

dolby17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:54 AM

HI

Mine was a H1b renewal. I did my MS in US. I have been working for same client for the past four years, have client letter, vendor letter/contract and PO.........

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users