H1B Visa Appointment in Canada

Kalyan105

Hi,

I need to travel to India in February, and I am looking for appointments for H1B visa stamping interview in Canada for January.

Please help me with how can I find the available dates in Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa US consulates.

I went to the US visa service website (https://usvisa-info.com), and provided my passport details. However, it is asking my DS-160 confirmation number.

Does it mean that I cannot look at the available dates, until I fill-in the DS-160 form? However, when I mention one city in DS-160, can I change the city based on the appointment availability. Please advise.

Thanks a lot.

@kalyan:

I can give you all the info you need @rparuchuri15@gmail.com in case its very urgent.. otherwise here's the deal

once you start fulling ur DS-160 u will get a application ID. you can use the same ID as confirmation # and see the next avaiable date..

but in order to see the calender you have to pay the 150cad fee.

FYI, I am planning to go to vancouver too..and the earliest date for vancouver is 26th jan but you will see slots open up evereyday due to cancellations or reschedules...

Yes as far as I know you cannot block dates until you fill your DS-160 Form for Canada.

For each consulate you need to fill separate DS-160 form. For example for Toronto slot you have to fill out complete DS-160 Form including the passport size photo in order to proceed with blocking appointment dates in Toronto Consulate. Once you have your Visa appointment letter you can apply Canada Visitor Visa at near by Canada Consulates in US which takes day or two except NY.

make sure you book you appointment 3-4 weeks before your travel date to India, because there might be chance of admin processing (221G) which takes time.

Hi,

I need to travel to India in February, and I am looking for appointments for H1B visa stamping interview in Canada for January.

Please help me with how can I find the available dates in Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa US consulates.

I went to the US visa service website (https://usvisa-info.com), and provided my passport details. However, it is asking my DS-160 confirmation number.

Does it mean that I cannot look at the available dates, until I fill-in the DS-160 form? However, when I mention one city in DS-160, can I change the city based on the appointment availability. Please advise.

Thanks a lot.

DS-160 form: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

Consulate appointment: http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/login

You need to fill your DS 160 ( at least 2 pages ) , then you will have application number on the top right side of the screen .. Note it down .. Save your DS 160 .. You can finish the form anytime within the next 30 days .

Click on the interview appointment link provided above , you need to register by providing the information asked for , follow the screens . You will then be asked to select the type of interview , location of interview . After that you will be asked for your DS-160, I - 797 number , then you will have to pay $150 and after that you will be directed to next page where you can select the appointment date.

Good Luck!!

@kalyan:

I can give you all the info you need @rparuchuri15@gmail.com in case its very urgent.. otherwise here's the deal

once you start fulling ur DS-160 u will get a application ID. you can use the same ID as confirmation # and see the next avaiable date..

but in order to see the calender you have to pay the 150cad fee.

FYI, I am planning to go to vancouver too..and the earliest date for vancouver is 26th jan but you will see slots open up evereyday due to cancellations or reschedules...

Rohitp, Thanks for the information.

Yes as far as I know you cannot block dates until you fill your DS-160 Form for Canada.

For each consulate you need to fill separate DS-160 form. For example for Toronto slot you have to fill out complete DS-160 Form including the passport size photo in order to proceed with blocking appointment dates in Toronto Consulate. Once you have your Visa appointment letter you can apply Canada Visitor Visa at near by Canada Consulates in US which takes day or two except NY.

make sure you book you appointment 3-4 weeks before your travel date to India, because there might be chance of admin processing (221G) which takes time.

Sunnyaskin, thanks for the info.

DS-160 form: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

Consulate appointment: http://usvisa-info.c...lfservice/login

You need to fill your DS 160 ( at least 2 pages ) , then you will have application number on the top right side of the screen .. Note it down .. Save your DS 160 .. You can finish the form anytime within the next 30 days .

Click on the interview appointment link provided above , you need to register by providing the information asked for , follow the screens . You will then be asked to select the type of interview , location of interview . After that you will be asked for your DS-160, I - 797 number , then you will have to pay $150 and after that you will be directed to next page where you can select the appointment date.

Good Luck!!

kc1999, thanks for the info.

Kalyan, Thank You.

I think before that we need to take Canada Temporary VISA.

So did you booked your slot?

Where are you located?

CodeVISA, thanks for the info. I did not decide any visa center yet, as I am still waiting on visa approval. My employer applied for premium processing, and I am waiting on the approval. Hopefully, I should get fast. But, not sure whether I can get an appointment for January. We will see.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Please somebody help me in this.

currently in my passport i have Company A's Visa which is valid till Aug 2014 but i have changed my Company to B and i have new I797 with validity till June 2016.

Now i am planning to apply canada visitors visa and then planning to go fo stamping in May or June.

Can i apply canada visitors visa now?

Thanks,

Archived