How to apply for Canada Visiting VISA?

itsmeraj001

How to get Canada Visitor VISA?

1. Go to www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp, Scroll down the page to the Bottom
  2. Download below forms

1. IMM 5257(TRV Application Form)
    2. IMM 5645(Family Information)
    3. IMM 5476(Use Of Representative: If you want someone else to apply on your Behalf)

[*]Documents Needed:

• Filled IMM 5257, IMM 5645, And IMM5476: If you want to use Representative on your behalf)
  • Provide two photos of yourself with your application (The frame size must be 35 mm X 45 mm (1 3/8" X 1 3/4"). You can get this at Sears or go to website onlinepassportphoto dot com
  • Original passport
  • I-797 Copy
  • Bank statements(Showing good amount of money)
  • Employer verification letter
  • Demand Draft($75 for Single Entry, $150 for Multiple Entry, You can take this

at Wal-Mart)

1. How to Apply: You can apply for Canada Visiting Visa in two ways

[*]Canada Visiting Visa Consulates:

1. Washington, DC(Multiple Entry will be given till your current H1 B Expiration Date)
    2. Seattle, WA(Multiple Entry will be given till your current Passport Expiration Date)
    3. Buffalo (Not Sure)
    4. Los Angeles, CA(Multiple Entry will be given till your current Passport Expiration Date)
    5. Detroit( NOT SURE)
    6. New York( Not Sure)

By Mail: If you apply by mail it might take 15-20 Business days to get back the Passport. Look at cic.gc.ca for detailed information about the Address and process
In Person: If you apply in person you might get the Passport back the same day or next day based on Consulate you go

in the visa application for canada visitor visa what did you guys put for reason of travel: tourism or other? can we mention for visa stamping purpose as the reason?

mention anything, if mentioning H1 stamping, put embassy address otherwise put any hotel/ friend address. This should not be a problem.

I applied for Canadian visa in NYC ..It has been a month and a half I am still waiting for the visa . I contacted them via email they are saying it is still going under background checks.

I even submitted my appointment letter of Ottawa as well them I am going there for stamping.

Is anyone else going through the same pain?

Any replies would be appreciated...

I have applied for Canada Visitor Visa in NYC too. Its been five weeks since they received my packet. I have not heard anything back from them. It is strange because i have had Canadian visa twice before. One in person same day got the visa & passport and once through mail got it back in two weeks. I'm not sure why they are taking this long and not replying to my email query.

I have applied for Canada Visitor Visa in NYC too. Its been five weeks since they received my packet. I have not heard anything back from them. It is strange because i have had Canadian visa twice before. One in person same day got the visa & passport and once through mail got it back in two weeks. I'm not sure why they are taking this long and not replying to my email query.

I also applied 3 weeks ago, but going with your replies, I think i will have to wait for few more weeks. Post here when u get your passport back.

I already have missed 2 appointments in the Ottawa consulates ...I tried contacting the Canadian consulate in nyc as well they are extremely unhelpful they just do not tell you anything rather than we cannot tell you how long it will take however you can come and get the passport back if you want to withdraw your application and fee is non refundable ..Wow that is great...:D

I am afraid if Canadians are doing this what is gonna happen when you appear in the US consulate..

Archived