White slip - 221G -OCT 31st - Ottawa conuslate

ashwingannamraju

Guys

I received a white slip - 221g for further review - Anyone with the same experience? Can you pls let me know what this means?

My interview was very short

VO - have you been working with your employer all this time?

Me- yes

VO - what are your roles/responsibilities?

Me - systems analyst

VO - are you a programmer analyst or systems analyst?

Me - both

VO - Do you have your client letter

Me - No, I work for a financial firm & they don't issue client letters but I have a vendor letter that proves my work at the client place.

VO - Gave my passport back & issued a white 221g slip with a box marked for further review

The letter says that it'll take 1 working day for further review of my application

Does anyone have any idea what does WHITE 221g mean? How long would it take?

Appreciate any response?

Thanks

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@AshuG

Sorry to hear that! Please read the following links, it may be useful.

http://www.*********...

http://www.*********...

I hope, you will get soon, submit the documents which were asked. All the best!

Have you flew or driven? i am planning to come to Ottawa on Nov. 6th as I have interview on 8th nov. And I don't have client letter too. Please give ur best suggestions on my case. thanks! or provide ur contact info.

@dgshyam - I cant open the links - Murthy forums doesnt allow u to send weblinks in the post.

If you're on EVC model & dont have a client letter then there's a good possibility of getting a 221g (Not to discourage you - but its happening - Although if you're lucky a white guy might interview you & he's not even asking any client letters - There's a chinese guys whos asking for client letters)

Carry all the relationship documents with you so that you can give it to him at the time of interview. Thats all I can say at this point as I still didnt get my visa stamped - I'm waiting to hear back from the consulate.

@gagarli

I surrendered my original I94 (The one that I have in my passport when I entered into US last time) -

Do you know how long does white slip 221g take for processing?

Congrats...it's good sign.

did u remove I-94 from i-797A and surrender it before leaving US?

which I-94 did u surrender?

Guys

I received a white slip - 221g for further review - Anyone with the same experience? Can you pls let me know what this means?

Me- yes

Me - systems analyst

Me - both

Me - No, I work for a financial firm & they don't issue client letters but I have a vendor letter that proves my work at the client place.

VO - Gave my passport back & issued a white 221g slip with a box marked for further review

The letter says that it'll take 1 working day for further review of my application

Appreciate any response?

Thanks

Good thing is it says 1 day, so u are good. I got blue slip and i am here since last week. If you want to share hotel contact me asr.visa@******.com.

hey Ashu, don't worry. I am pretty sure that you will hear from them within next couple of days. Please make sure you alert the client, vendor & your employer and tell them they will get a call soon. I got a blue form last monday - got my visa approved today after verification. You will get an email from them.

Guys

Me- yes

Me - systems analyst

Me - both

Appreciate any response?

Thanks

From what I know white 221g is not a good sign. But color meaning is different in each consulate. And from the description of ur letter it looks it is a case of incomplete application but they have not taken the final decision yet, most probably they will check with your vendor. Hopefully you will get confirmation soon.

Hi Guys,

I also attended the interview today and got 221(g) white form saying for Further review. I am not sure how long is going to take.

I submitted all documents Client letter,vendor letter, contracts. As I observed, there two VISA officers(White guy, ****** guy). The ****** guy is not giving the VISA to anyone, but the white guys is not creating any problems, he is approving to all.

Is anyone staying in Ottawa, we can meet and talk.

Regards,

guys they called my manager today morning. Dont know wht decission they will take.

Just request ur managers to tell ur employers name.

if they ask ur manager abt ur employer make sure ur manager knows who ur employer and company name....

my manager didnt know who my employer is .. that might be a concern

guys they called my manager today morning. Dont know wht decission they will take.

Just request ur managers to tell ur employers name.

if they ask ur manager abt ur employer make sure ur manager knows who ur employer and company name....

my manager didnt know who my employer is .. that might be a concern

What's your email id? @******

yes they took my client letter/ vendor letter & employers offer letter...and issued me a white sheet which has further review checked..

just my manager got the call.. I did not received any email from consulate yet...

and also they did not take my PP ..so if email comes then I have to submit the PP.

my interview:

where do u work; since when ur working there; who is ur preffered vendor; does ur client know u came from a vendor; what are ur job reponsibilities;

Asked for client letter/ vendor letter/ employer offer letter and gave me the white slip...and told to wait for email...

my email id is mpspsm@******.com

Hi All,

Yesterday morning I had an interview at US consulate in Ottawa, I had all the documents I work on EVC model, I am in US from 5 years and got my I-140 approval as well.... I got a 221G without the request for any further documents...

VO: Who is your Employer?

Me: XYZ

VO:Who is your Client?

Me: ABC

VO:What is your job title?

Me:Software developer

VO:Is their any vendor ?

Me: Yes

VO:How long are you in this field?

Me:10 years

He did not look into any of my documents, he just said me to give all the documents that i have and gave me a 221g white slip ticked for further review, he kept my 1797 and gave back my passport and said we will contact you once we have reviewed, I asked how soon can i expect and the VO replied as we will get back in couple of days ...... I have letter from all the three layers and the vendor and client letter mentions tht my Employer has the right to hire or fire me and supervises me........

What can I expect.... Any response on this is highly appreciated

Archived