Online Status changed from 'Card/Document in Production' to 'Decision'

harry31

Dear All

USCIS changed the I485 case status to "Card/Document in Production" on 10/11. However they changed it back to Decision yesterday on 10/12 and has the following message:

"On October 12, 2011 we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT Processing referred to in the welcome notice, which ever is later.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision."

1. Does this mean the I485 is approved?
  2. what is ADIT Processing?
  3. This notice is confusing as it went from Card in Production to Decision. It also says "you can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect a final decision". So USCIS has not made a final decision yet? can anyone Please explain

Thanks

harry31

About ADIT (from some forum):

ADIT=Alien Documentation Identification & Telecommunication Systems.

Could mean biometrics not up to date or just stamp in passport.

Either way they will tell you what they want.

ADIT (I-551) stamping

• Applicant appears at local USCIS for ADIT processing, as outlined in AOS approval letter. Applicant will not be scheduled for an ADIT appointment, ADIT processing is done by "walk-in" basis ONLY.

• Once the applicant adjusts his/her status by completing ADIT processing, s/he is given the I-551 permanent resident stamp in his/her passport.

I am in exactly the same situation. I got two different status messages from the USCIS case status email notification, in this order:

1. Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production
  2. Your Case Status: Decision

The first one (Card/ Document Production) came before the second one (Decision). The “Card/Document Production” step is a later step than “Decision”, so it confused me.

The online status for this case number shows “Decision” status right now. Have you seen this kind of activity before? Any idea whether it means that they went backwards?

My receipt number starts with SRC, so it should be Texas service center, I guess.

Archived