17 replies to this topic

#1 Deb11

Deb11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:03 PM

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right topic to post here but any help/inputs will be highly appreciated.

For some parents visiting US who are on pension and have to sign their LIFE CERTIFICATE every Nov in India.....how do they go about doing the same while in US?

Could some one please let me know?

Thanks in advance!!!!

#2 Deb11

Deb11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:02 AM

Not even one person's parent have to sign his/her Life Certificate while visiting US ????????
(this signing is done during Nov month in India).....the embassy and Consulates are not responding at all....

If someone could pls reply....

#3 EMR

EMR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:49 AM

Really looking for an ans to this Q as well....thank you for posting it.....I haven't got any kind of response from the Indian Embassy/Consuls as well......so very, very imp for parents who are visiting us and are on pensions.

Could someone....anyone please, please shed some light on this Q?

Thank you so much in advance!!!!

#4 pontevecchio

pontevecchio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,070 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:14 PM

http://www.indiacgny....php?linkid=203

#5 Deb11

Deb11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:36 AM

Thank you Pontevecchio!
I finally managed to get in touch with DC Embassy. They said they don't do it here for folks on visitors visa. It's only for those who reside here. I have seen what you have mentioned.

#6 vasu_srec

vasu_srec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:50 PM

I have done this twice in the last 3 years for my Mom...You'll need to get the Life Certificate Notarised on the Life Certificate that the person is alive and well. I took an oath in front of the Notary even though my Mom was right with us here.

Bank in India very well accepts the Notarised Life Certificate...

Vasu

#7 Deb11

Deb11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:34 PM

Hi Vasu,

Thank you so much for your response. Really appreciated. Could you pls clarify few things for me please?

1. Did you have to take an appt before you visited the Consulate? Whic Consulate did you go to? Who did you meet to authorize the same?

2. Once the LC is obtained, how did you send the same to the bank back in India? What did you do?

3. Why did you have to take an oath?

Could you pls, briefly, let me know how you went about doing it......will be highly obliged!!!

Thank you so much.............

#8 vasu_srec

vasu_srec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

Well, I didn't go to a Consulate to get the Life Certificate Notarised. Any Notary Public can notarize the Life Certificate. You can visit a DMV office or a FedEx Kinkos and you will find an authorized Notary. In my case, my Notary gave me an option to either review documents or that he'll administer an oath before he will sign it. I chose the Oath...I sent the Life Certificate by FedEx to my Uncle in India who personally submitted the document to the Bank on my Mother's behalf. They do accept it if the person is not in the country.

#9 Deb11

Deb11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:48 AM

Hi Prasad,

Thank you so much for sharing all the info. Could you pls let me know where did you get the LC form from and is it Canara Bank? My father's is Canara and they haven't the faintest idea as to what is to be done in such a situation upon asking them as well.

Yes, I do know of authorized Notary in UPS here.

Sorry to keep bothering you this way......

Thanks in advance!

#10 vasu_srec

vasu_srec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:53 AM

Give me your email address and I'll send you the Life Certificate...You can use that...I submitted the document to UCO Bank but the certificate itself I think is independent of any Financial Institution.

#11 Deb11

Deb11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:36 PM

Thank you so much! It is matpsr09 at the rate ***** mail dot com

#12 Deb11

Deb11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:02 PM

Thank you so much! It is matpsr09 at the rate y dot com

#13 Deb11

Deb11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:22 PM

Give me your email address and I'll send you the Life Certificate...You can use that...I submitted the document to UCO Bank but the certificate itself I think is independent of any Financial Institution.

Could you please send me the life certificate.....thanks once again

#14 vasu_srec

vasu_srec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:10 PM

I resent it again to your Yahoo address...

#15 Deb11

Deb11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

Thank you so much! It's the same one which my Dad fills up and submits in the bank..........

#16 Sarwat

Sarwat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:25 PM

Hi,
Could you please email me the life certificate form at myshama@y......com
I am also in the same boat.

Thanks

#17 Panjabi

Panjabi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

I have done this twice in the last 3 years for my Mom...You'll need to get the Life Certificate Notarised on the Life Certificate that the person is alive and well. I took an oath in front of the Notary even though my Mom was right with us here.

Bank in India very well accepts the Notarised Life Certificate...

Vasu

Hi Vasu,

Could please share the "Life Certificate form" with me as well. My e-mail address is smritipanjabi@yahoo.com. I am in the same situation. I did not do this for my morther last year in November...so, The pension is not being deposited since last one year. I really need to take care of this in November (2012). My mothers pension account is also in UCO bank in New Delhi. Your help is much appreciated.

#18 dhinesh01

dhinesh01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:13 PM

Hi Vasu,

Could please share the "Life Certificate form" with me as well. My e-mail address is smritipanjabi@yahoo.com. I am in the same situation. I did not do this for my morther last year in November...so, The pension is not being deposited since last one year. I really need to take care of this in November (2012). My mothers pension account is also in UCO bank in New Delhi. Your help is much appreciated.

Hi, Please let me know if the bank accepted the Life Certificate form. I need to do the same to my mother for Canara bank.

Appreciate your time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users