AOS (I-485, EAD, AP) timelines

Univemp

Hi,

My EB1A petition was approved on August 31, 2011. I have filed for AOS on September 28th 2011. I have a few questions:

a) When can I expect the receipt notice from USCIS?

b) Since filing, how long does it take to get FP notification?

c) How long after FP notification does one get the EAD/AP?

d) Are EB1A based I-485s expedited, or do they take the same time as other categories?

Any inputs will be appreciated...

Ok,Since no one else has responded to my questions. I shall keep this updated as and when I receive info.

I got the receipt Notice from USCIS...

So that answers question (a).

My I-485, EAD, AP were filed on September 28, 2011. TSC (Mesquite) received them on September 29th. The Notice date printed on the I-797C is October 3, 2011.

I got the Notice from my attorney on October 6, 2011. It thus takes approximately 5-6 business days to receive the receipt notice. I will keep posting answers to my questions which may be helpful to others...

Hi Immigration 1975,

The following documents are required for filing I-485 AOS with EAD and AP:

1) Copy of passport

2) Birth certificate

3) Copy of I-94 and all I-20's

4) Copy of EAD (if applicable)

5) H1B/H4 approval notice (if applicable)

5) Photos. 6 photos for each applicant if applying for I-485, EAD and AP

6) Medical report for each member of your family who is applying. Make sure you have your immunization records in order, especially TDAP, Flu shots, Polio, MMR, Varicella if you have not had chicken pox, TB test report, Syphyllis test report.

7) Your current paystubs or letter of employment (last 3 months paystubs generally).

8) Your 2010 tax returns

9) Your 2010 W2 (I submitted last 3 years W2).

10) Filing Fee: $1070

You will need all the above for the principal applicant. For derivative, i.e. your spouse, you would need the marriage certificate additionally...

Hope this helps

• 1 month later...

I'm keeping this post alive, with steps towards final I-485/EAD/AP approval and card production. My Biometrics appointment was unusually delayed. I called up USCIS on October 31, 2011 and initiated a service request. The TSC, USCIS responded with a generic letter on November 3, 2011 that sometime due to backlogs at some ASC's the Biometrics can be delayed by more than 60 days. On November 10th, 2011, TSC, USCIS issued me a biometrics notification, which they mailed on November 15th, 2011. The appointment is for November 28, 2011, about 62 days after filing AOS. So, that would be the answer to question (b) in my initial post. However, situations like mine are not the norm, its a bit unusual to have such delayed Biometrics but there are cases like mine...

Did my Biometrics today after a wait of 61 days after USCIS received my AOS application. The Biometrics is essentially a simple procedure, they take a number of prints of your fingers both left and right hand, take a signature and take a photograph.

One also needs to fill out a small form: Details such as Name, Date of Birth, Country of birth, Citizenship, Height, Weight, Color of eyes, Color of hair, Alien Number, Application Number (i.e. I-485 and I-765 numbers from USCIS). Thats all that is needed...

Oh yes, they ask for identification such as Drivers license or passport...best to take both along.

Got my EAD/AP combo card on December 6, 2011. The USCIS website still shows my status as Post-decision activity and has not even progressed to Card production...funny. This answers question © which I posed at the beginning of this post. My EAD/AP arrived in exactly 1 week after fingerprinting.

Waiting for my I-485 approval and the GC now.

• 1 month later...

Archived