#1 triambukh

triambukh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:41 AM

Hello All,

Long time reader, first time poster.

My current H1B visa expired on Jan 31 2010, my company applied for H1B extension on Jan 22nd 2010, got my I797 receipt.

Went to DMV with I94 (which expired on Jan 31 2010), passport, I 797, employment verification and proof of residence etc as dictated by the PA DMV website.

The individual at DMV checked all this documents and said they have to do additional verification and will take 5-10 business days and returned my documents without license extension.

Is there anything I can do (went to another DMV just to try out my luck, the person said my record has been reserved for additional verification and I have to wait).

#2 triambukh

triambukh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:32 AM

Anybody has any advice regarding this to me?

#3 sri_sunkara

sri_sunkara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:51 PM

Hi,
You have to wait until they get reply from Harrisburg, PA. If you lucky your license get extended.

Not only in PA, most of the states need new H1B, since that is not their problem, and they don't understand even if you say that you have applied for an extension. I had being gone these phases already.

Good Luck,
Srinivas.

#4 sri_sunkara

sri_sunkara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:04 PM

You have to wait until DMV get reply from main office (Harrisburg). If you lucky enough your license get extended.

In my case in VA, I waited until I got my new H1B.

Now I am on EAD, recently PA when applied change of address, DMV took 2 weeks to verify my EAD status and finally got my newl license.

Good Luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users