Photo

Post Decision Activity- Case got re-affirmed by USCIS and sent to DOS for visa processing

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#21 hbanwar

hbanwar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:47 PM

Hey I am in the same boat... gave visa stamping interview on Feb 3 2011 and got 221g blue form at mumbai... submitted additional documents on Feb 15 2011... got letter saying my petition sent back to USCIS for re-examination on Apr 5 2011... Since then no update... You mentioned that you checked your status at USCIS website.. can you please provide the link... we get 10 digit case number which we cant use to check status in USCIS website as it ask for 13 digit number which is WAC number...

Thanks

#22 Victim_221G

Victim_221G

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:12 AM

you use your H1B petition receipt notice # (eac or wac #)to check the status on uscis website, that should tell you the status of your returned petition after your visa was denied.

#23 livingwater

livingwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:53 AM

Do we need to worry about word revocation or is it just part of standard text rather than plain text?
Anyone has experience?

#24 sunshinerony

sunshinerony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:52 PM

Again BS..got unlucky agian..rejected my visa 4th time..after reaffirmation..saying that though it reaffirmed, it doesn't mean that the old decsion by consulate is reversed and based on the documents you submited to us we have the sole authority to reject or accept, so denying visa..

I wish this can create more hate against this bullying Americans..if they MUST reject..why they reaffirm and ask to come for visa interview...

You wont believe guys, how much $$ i spent for these 2 visa petitions.....unnesscary ka headache...

Hell with America now..

#25 Victim_221G

Victim_221G

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:14 AM

Please let me know if you had the interview already,let us know how it went.Please post your experience and questions.

Hope you got it.

#26 sunshinerony

sunshinerony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:27 AM

Denied again 4th time..and i guess my previous post bashing american couslate offier was removed by the moderator...

#27 sunshinerony

sunshinerony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:05 AM

The visa officer just asked me one question..Are you going to work at the Client site...?

Then he said, though the petetion was reaffirmed , it doesnt mean that i must get the visa...for me its a NO...i dont feel that there is an actual job offer for you waiting in United States..

Common dude.. Since Sept 2010, I am submitting all the documents that you are requesting again..and still after reaffirmation..you are saying you don't feel like BS

#28 GodBlessH1b

GodBlessH1b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:06 AM

@sunshineroy
Could you explain what is your type of employment. Is it a fulltime or is it consulting.If it is consulting is it an E-V-C model or just an E-C model. Are you still holding a project with the client.
These questions would definitely help us understand the situation much better of why there has been a denial for the fourth time even you had your petition reaffirmed.

I know how your situation would be. Everyone hates the Visa Officers for their unpredictability in taking decisions. People with a genuine employment are getting denied their H1B visa.

Hope your answers would atleast help others assess their situation.

#29 livingwater

livingwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:08 AM

Thats indeed cruel side of US consulate. I would suggest you contact congressman and explain the situation. I am so sorry to hear this. I am feeling the same as you. what an abuse of authority. ALSO write to OIG ( Office of Inspector general for US consulate)

#30 victim221g_hyd

victim221g_hyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:41 AM

sunshine , sorry to hear that .. but pls post some info on interview and why they denied again ...

else drop me a mail , im in kinda same situation

#31 victim221g_hyd

victim221g_hyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:43 AM

sunshine , which consulate u went this time for interview ?

#32 victim221g_hyd

victim221g_hyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:56 AM

sunshine it will be hard but dont leave it here get some good lawyer involved. how can VO rejects a reaffirmed petation ? just insane after reading details i realise they rejected few many times for ur app.

either there is gap between uscis and vo office or they just tying to make more $ by first approving and then consullar office rejection issuing a visa...

gosh there should be a way to sue them

#33 sunshinerony

sunshinerony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:25 PM

I went to New Delhi consulate...

#34 Vivekb333

Vivekb333

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:32 PM

Hi all,

I had been for H1B interview on Feb 2011 in Mumbai Consulate & I rec'd yellow 221g slip with no documents ask & later in april i rec'd a letter from embassy We have send ur petition to USCIS for further review & possible revocation.

Again in April i rec'd 2 emails from USCIS on same day , 1st email saying that your approved petition or reaffirmed petition is send to dos for visa processing & 2nd email saying that USCIS had rec'd ur petition for further review

I checked my case status it still shows that my petition is under review

I m very much confused

Pls help me .....

#35 h1hopes

h1hopes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:46 PM

Vivek, don't worry. We all got these kind of emails. USCIS will send new petition. You wait for original 797 notice from your lawyer/employer and you can go for interview again. I got these mails on 18th may, but still lawyer did not get original notice. It may take 3-4 weeks.

#36 simplyanks

simplyanks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

Guys,

I am in the same boat and after rejecting my visa my case sent to uscis for further review. I have recieved an email from uscis on june 6th that they received my case for further review.

My 797 is valid till sept 2011. Suppose, if they reaffirmed the approval on my case for visa processing. will my I-797 validity extendable.

#37 simplyanks

simplyanks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:04 PM

@ sunshine...as u said on ur last post: The visa officer just asked me one question..Are you going to work at the Client site...?
What was ur reply..did u say NO to them and how long u were waiting on 221g slip...did ur contract terminated during this process..

I have similar situation..my visa denied and case sent to uscis for review. However, my contract was terminated during this entire process...
How can I apply for new h1 petition if I have no contract now...appreciate ur help during this hour....

#38 h1hopes

h1hopes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:58 PM

Ronit/@sunshinerony
I got 2 emails. First one
On May 18, 2011, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

right after that in an hour I got:
On May 18, 2011, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you

Online status now shows the message in the second email.

My employer got a letter saying: official notice has been mailed to the attorney. Any relevant documentation included in the notice was also mailed as part of the official notice.
But at the bottom it says:
This is to advise you that we have received the above application or petition back from the DOS, along with their request that it be reviewed. We will notify you of any action we take on this case.

My lawyer did not get any notice yet.

I think first mail was false indication of case being re-affirmed. Did anyone get similar emails?

#39 veera_h1b

veera_h1b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:02 PM

Hello,

My Case resembles the same:

This is what happened:
---------------------
1.Applied H1b extention in USA on May'2010
2.H1B approved but no extention of stay and
was asked go for Visa stamping.
3.Came back to India and went to New Delhi consulate
for Visa in Aug'2010.
4.Was given RFE green handout and asked to submit all the
documents from the Employer and my client details etc

5.All verification done by Delhi consulate by calling the client as well.
Inspite they have sent the case back to USCIS for further review
in NOV'2010.
6.In JUNE'2011 after long wait now i see the following message from the
USICS.

"On June xx, 2011, we mailed a notice to you reaffirming the approval of
this case and returned the case to the Department of State for visa processing.
For more information, please contact them directly"

7.My employer/lawyer did not get any documents. Yet to receive.

8.So what is the next step ?
Will the New Delhi consulate contact me via email or phone ??
Should i send the passport for VISA or
Should i appear consulate again for VISA ?

Please let me know.
veera

#40 Vivekb333

Vivekb333

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:34 PM

@ veera_h1b

Congrats for get reaffirmed,

Once ur employer receives reaffirmation letter from USCIS, ask them to send the copy to u for ur reference.

Secondly USCIS will inform DOS to process for visa & DOS will consult the embassy where ur application was filed & then embassy will inform VFS to send u a email or call u in order to submit ur passport for stamping ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users