28 replies to this topic

#1 asinghania

asinghania

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:01 AM

Hello,
I had my interview at the Toronto Consulate on March 7, 2011. The VO officer kept my I-757, cancelled my current H1B visa (which was valid till 28th March),handed over a yellow form that had administrative processing (221g) marked on it and finally asked me to fax my current resume and wait for their email. She gave me back my passport and when asked told me that it should take about two weeks. I work for a Tier 1 university in Texas as a researcher and this was my second H1B stamping. I had everything with me i.e. LCA, I-129, employment letter, transcripts and diploma of my US Masters degree, but none of it was asked for. In my first H1B stamping too I went through admin processing (Which was in Delhi, India and it took about 4 months then).

I was wondering if anybody went through a similar experience and what are my options. Thanks

#2 alforever

alforever

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:36 AM

Hello I am stuck in TO ON h1b stamping too...its been 2 months no reply yet, can you please share your experience.

Originally posted by asinghania:
Hello,
I had my interview at the Toronto Consulate on March 7, 2011. The VO officer kept my I-757, cancelled my current H1B visa (which was valid till 28th March),handed over a yellow form that had administrative processing (221g) marked on it and finally asked me to fax my current resume and wait for their email. She gave me back my passport and when asked told me that it should take about two weeks. I work for a Tier 1 university in Texas as a researcher and this was my second H1B stamping. I had everything with me i.e. LCA, I-129, employment letter, transcripts and diploma of my US Masters degree, but none of it was asked for. In my first H1B stamping too I went through admin processing (Which was in Delhi, India and it took about 4 months then).

I was wondering if anybody went through a similar experience and what are my options. Thanks

#3 gagarli

gagarli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:38 AM

Originally posted by alforever:
Hello I am stuck in TO ON h1b stamping too...its been 2 months no reply yet, can you please share your experience.

Originally posted by asinghania:
Hello,

Call DOS.

#4 H_1B

H_1B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:59 PM

Hello,

Hi Asinghania, Any update from the consulate on your case? I am waiting since Sept 12 with a 221G yellow...

#5 H_1B

H_1B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:00 PM

Hi Allforever, Any update from the consulate on your case? I am waiting since Sept 12 with a 221G yellow...

#6 svadala

svadala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:48 AM

Hi H1b_221G_yellow:

Any update from the consulate on your case? I am waiting since Sept 26 with a 221G yellow... Just trying to get an estimate on how long this wait is going to go on...

#7 H_1B

H_1B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:17 AM

Hi H1b_221G_yellow:

Any update from the consulate on your case? I am waiting since Sept 26 with a 221G yellow... Just trying to get an estimate on how long this wait is going to go on...

Hi Svadala,
There is no response from the consulate yet. My client did receive call Sept 14 (don't have exact questions asked from the client) Still waiting....

Lets hope for the best for everyone waiting.

#8 svadala

svadala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:40 PM

Hi Svadala,
There is no response from the consulate yet. My client did receive call Sept 14 (don't have exact questions asked from the client) Still waiting....

Lets hope for the best for everyone waiting.

My client got the call on the same day of my interview and I got an email the next day asking to send my 129, lca and employer letter to make a conclusion. I have emailed the documents the same night... Feel I made a big error not going to India for stamping and now its too late...

Lets hope the best...

#9 H_1B

H_1B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:45 AM

My client got the call on the same day of my interview and I got an email the next day asking to send my 129, lca and employer letter to make a conclusion. I have emailed the documents the same night... Feel I made a big error not going to India for stamping and now its too late...

Lets hope the best...

Its has been almost 3 weeks for me, calling DOS is of not much help. The chances are this will happen in India as well.

#10 svadala

svadala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:06 AM

lets just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

waiting in India wouldn't had been this painful...

#11 H_1B

H_1B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:56 PM

lets just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

waiting in India wouldn't had been this painful...

I agree, my point of view is if they are sending the cases from the consulate to department of state in the US, the time frame might be less from Canada...

#12 srini09

srini09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:15 PM

Hi,
I attended H1b renewal on Sept 19th 2011 in Toronto and I got 221g yellow form.

My Case: 2nd Term H1B
Interview: Sept 19th 2011
Model: Full time employee with American company that employs 140k employees.
Visa Officer kept I797A, resume, passport, gave back all employer related documents, I129, etc.

The Visa Officer told me that it will take about 1-3 weeks and told that DHL will contact for passport pickup.
It's been two weeks already. I haven't received any email.

Waiting on update from the consulate.!
----------------

Hi All,
Any update from the consulate on your cases? I am waiting since Sept 19th with a 221G yellow... Just trying to get an estimate on how long this wait is going to go on...?

#13 H_1B

H_1B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

Hi,
I attended H1b renewal on Sept 19th 2011 in Toronto and I got 221g yellow form.

My Case: 2nd Term H1B
Interview: Sept 19th 2011
Model: Full time employee with American company that employs 140k employees.
Visa Officer kept I797A, resume, passport, gave back all employer related documents, I129, etc.

The Visa Officer told me that it will take about 1-3 weeks and told that DHL will contact for passport pickup.
It's been two weeks already. I haven't received any email.

Waiting on update from the consulate.!
----------------

Hi All,
Any update from the consulate on your cases? I am waiting since Sept 19th with a 221G yellow... Just trying to get an estimate on how long this wait is going to go on...?

Hi Srini09, no updates yet for me.

#14 srini09

srini09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:20 AM

Hi H1b_221G_yellow,

Do you have any idea about the transferring the case to U.S Consulate in India?
Hi All,
I have to request my passport back do you have any idea to whom/which number to call?
Thanks for your help.

#15 H_1B

H_1B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:58 AM

Hi H1b_221G_yellow,

Do you have any idea about the transferring the case to U.S Consulate in India?
Hi All,
I have to request my passport back do you have any idea to whom/which number to call?
Thanks for your help.

Hi Srini09,

I am sorry I do not know the process of transferring the case to a consulate in India. I suggest you start a new thread for people to respond, since the chances of you receiving a reply on this thread is less as per me.

All the best.

#16 virgos

virgos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:42 AM

Its has been almost 3 weeks for me, calling DOS is of not much help. The chances are this will happen in India as well.

What number to call for DOS ?? My visa was approved on Oct. 5th in toronto consulate.....but till today I have no email on DHL passport pickup....getting worried. I did not get any yellow receipt, did get a white piece of paper that said about administrative processing but nothing checked on it. At time of interview I did not bother to check whats on this paper, she said your visa has been approved and I just said thanks and walked away. Not sure if she handed me this slip by mistake.

#17 H_1B

H_1B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:03 PM

What number to call for DOS ?? My visa was approved on Oct. 5th in toronto consulate.....but till today I have no email on DHL passport pickup....getting worried. I did not get any yellow receipt, did get a white piece of paper that said about administrative processing but nothing checked on it. At time of interview I did not bother to check whats on this paper, she said your visa has been approved and I just said thanks and walked away. Not sure if she handed me this slip by mistake.

(202) 663-1225

#18 svadala

svadala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:19 PM

H1b_221G_yellow - any updates on your case? Just trying to figure out if any case is progressing in Toronto.

#19 H_1B

H_1B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:04 AM

Svadala, client received 2nd call on Oct 5. No update from DOS or from the consulate.

#20 svadala

svadala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:42 AM

H1b_221G_yellow... hope you get a positive response soon...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users