4 replies to this topic

#1 Thanooz

Thanooz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:53 AM

Hi All,

Could you please let us know what process should be followed for correcting the mistakes in DS 160 form before the interview.

Its Urgent...Please help..

#2 Thanooz

Thanooz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:13 PM

The mistake is:
My Mother is a govt employee and my father does a private business(non taxable).All the supporting documents have been arranged as per the fact.

But in DS160 form( filled by travel agents), it has been printed that my mother is a homemaker and my father is a govt employee.

So, can we show the US consulate in written form that these are the wrongs done in the application or any other procedure is there to do the corrections?

It's very urgent, interview is on tuesday....Please help

#3 App1

App1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:11 AM

Hi,

you have to cancel if you have already booked an appointment, fill in a new DS-160 and reschedule the interview.

#4 opika9

opika9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:15 PM

all u have to do is fill in new ds 160 and carry both old and new and inform about the new one, this was the answer given by consulate in hyd when one of my friend shoot similar question like you

So relax make the necessary change and carry both :). Good luck for visa

#5 Thanooz

Thanooz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:52 AM

Hi all,

If there are any mistakes in DS160 form after submitting the form and after booking an appointment, then we can fill a new DS 160 fom with same barcode. Need to take both DS 160 forms to the consulate and should explain to th consular officers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users