27 replies to this topic

#1 Khushi18

Khushi18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:50 AM

Hello,

I am planning to go to Nassau, Bahamas for my H1B renewal in first week of March, I am looking for the recent experiences, would highly appreciate if you could share all your experience here. I would also like to know where to stay and means of transport within Nassau.

Also, is anybody planning to go in the first week of March to Bahamas for stamping?

Your replies are highly appreciated. Thanx in advance!

#2 kipling

kipling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:28 AM

Hi, I scheduled appointment on March 3rd at Nassau. Good to know someone who is on the same boat.

#3 kipling

kipling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:32 AM

I scheduled appointment on Mar 3rd for H1B renewal at Nassau, Bahamas. This is my second visit to Bahamas. Like last time, I booked room at Nassau Palm Hotel, which is walking distance to US Embassy. There's Towne Hotel, which is a desi motel, and is much closer to embassy (almost opposite), but I found Nassau Palm hotel safer.

Hope this helps.

#4 drsankalp11

drsankalp11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:50 AM

Dear Sir,

Can you please guide me as how do we schedule the visa stamping in Bahamas? I have H1b approved till June 2012 but my PP has stamped till 2011 June. How do we schedule it? thanks

#5 rvtriv2010

rvtriv2010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:57 PM

Hi All,
My husband and I are also trying to get our H1B stamped in Bahamas. I would really appreciate it if you could post your experience after you come back. I am very keen to find out if they are giving the 221g yellow slip in Bahamas. So far, no one seems to have mentioned that in any of the posts.
Thanks and Good luck!

#6 kipling

kipling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:50 AM

You need to purchase PIN to schedule appointment.
It costs $14.

Here's more info:
-- nassau.usembassy.gov/new_visa_system_process.html
-- usvisascratchcards.info

#7 joyluck

joyluck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:51 AM

Do i need to get visa to enter Bahamas for h1 stamping as am indian citizen .. if so, where can i get that..

#8 getcool

getcool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:37 AM

Hello Kipling can you pl., share your experience after your visa stamping. I'm planning to go for my H1B restamping to bahamas.

#9 ap_tj

ap_tj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:16 AM

Hi kipling,

What was the appointment availability like for Nassau? Were appointments available for the coming weeks?

Thanks
ap_tj

#10 ap_tj

ap_tj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:21 AM

What is the appointment availability like in Nassau? Are there appointments available for the month of April?

#11 crazeeaks

crazeeaks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:37 AM

Hello All,

I was planning to book the Appoinment in April first week. Please let me know your Experiences...It would be of Great help.

Thanks
Akshay

#12 getcool

getcool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:37 PM

Hello Kushi/Kipling,

Can you pl., post your visa stamping experience. This will be of great help for others and can follow your valuable direction.

#13 nji90okm

nji90okm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:06 PM

Hi,
I am planning to attend for my H1 renewal at Bahamas. I got my previous H1 from Bahamas and that was really smooth. I am not really sure how the things are right now and wanted to know if they are still the same. Please share your recent experiences.

#14 crazeeaks

crazeeaks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:03 PM

Hello All,

Am attending the H1 B Extension Stamping on April 21st 2011, Please let me know your Experience if anyone has recently attended.

Thanks
Akshay

#15 kk8380

kk8380

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:05 PM

did anyone get visa stamped? Any news? Please update. Thanks.

#16 londontown

londontown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:56 PM

Hello crazeeaks:

1. How much in advance have you booked the appointment?
2. Are you going for revalidation with same employer/job?
3. Please update the thread after your interview.

Thanks.

#17 221g_yellow_6_Dec

221g_yellow_6_Dec

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:38 PM

Hi all,
I went to the Bahamas (Nassau) for my H1-B visa renewal in July 09 - and was chosen for a random security check. However, the VO was gracious enough to let me know it will take a few weeks ore more; and that I am free to withdraw my application and fly to India directly from there.

I would advise all of you to be prepared for that - and if your visa has expired - then you cannot touch US soil when and if required to travel.

Again - this is just my experience and could be unique to me; but given the rampant 221g administrative/security checks being handed out to Indians in ALL consulates; I would rather caution you of the risks ahead.

#18 garpra

garpra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:42 AM

Hi Guys,

I am also on the same boat and i thought of going to Bahamas for Visa stamping.But after reading this link http://nassau.usemba...n-resident.html I thought it's better go to home country

The conclusion of the link is

1) The U.S. Embassy also accepts renewal visa applications from non-residents of The Bahamas and Turks and Caicos Islands on a space-available basis only. First time, non-resident applicants in the above categories are requested to apply for these visas in their home countries.

2) Q: If currently hold F-1 status, can I obtain an H1B Visa in Nassau, The Bahamas?

A: Although the Embassy does accept applicants currently in F-1 (student) status who are seeking to obtain H1B visas for the first time, we strongly encourage you to apply for your first H1B visa in your home country. This same policy applies to those individuals who have changed employers while on H1B status in the United States and seek to obtain a new visa to reflect the current employer. If you are found not to meet the requirements for your visa, you risk having to travel back to your home country without transit privileges through the United States.

I did not find whether we can apply for H1B whan we change status from L1B or not.

#19 garpra

garpra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:42 AM

Just want to share this with you guys.

I sent email to Bahamas embassy like this

Dear Sir/Madam,

My question is

I am a non-resident of the Bahamas and Turks and Caicos Islands,I had L1B status when i entered USA,I changed my Visa status to H1B recently (from L1B). can I obtain an H1B Visa in Nassau, The Bahamas?

Thanks and Regards

and this is the reply i got

Dear Sir/Madam:

The US Embassy in Nassau is currently not be accepting visa appointments from third country nationals who are not residents of this consular district (the Bahamas and Turks & Caicos Islands), and will not be accepting such appointments for the foreseeable future. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,
Non-Immigrant Visa Section
US Embassy, Nassau

Seems not an option anymore unless you are too bold to take any risk :)

#20 kk8380

kk8380

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:00 PM

I thought i should share this with you all.

Dear Sir/Madam,
The U.S. Embassy in Nassau, The Bahamas, accepts employment -based visa applications for H1B, H4, L and E3 categories from residents of The Bahamas and Turks and Caicos Islands. The U.S. Embassy also accepts renewal H1B, H4, L and E3 visa applications from non-residents of The Bahamas and Turks and Caicos Islands on a space-available basis only. First time, non-resident applicants in the above categories are requested to apply for these visas in their home countries.
F-1 to H1B Visa Applications: Although the Embassy does accept applicants currently in F-1 (student) status who are seeking to obtain H1B visas for the first time, we strongly encourage you to apply for your first H1B visa in your home country. Please see “Tips for H1B/L/E3 Non-Resident Visa Applicants” below. This same policy applies to those individuals who have changed employers while on H1B status in the United States and seek to obtain a new visa to reflect the current employer. If you are found not to meet the requirements for your visa, you risk having to travel back to your home country without transit privileges through the United States.
To Make an Appointment, please contact the Visa Information Service. Please follow the Step-by-step Guide located at http://nassau.usemba...duresapply.html for detailed instructions on the visa application process. You may also contact the Visa Information Service directly for information at: 1-800-763-6812 or 1-800-709-1892; please be aware there is a cost for their service and you will need to have a major credit card or visa scratch card available.

Wait Time for Appointments for Non-Residents of The Bahamas and Turks and Caicos Islands: Non-Residents of The Bahamas and Turks and Caicos can expect to wait 4 or more months before being able to schedule an appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Nassau, The Bahamas.

Required Documentation by Category:
Note that a PDF copy of all required documentation must be e-mailed five days in advance of your appointment date to nassaubusinessvisas@state.gov .
H1: Temporary Worker of Distinguished Merit and Ability
Required documents:- Labor Condition Agreement (LCA)
- Resume (free form)
- Diploma(s)
- Pay Stubs (last three months)
- Approved form I-129
- I-797
· Approved application for petition form I-129
· Labor Condition Agreement (LCA)
· Pay stubs/pay slips recording salary paid over the last 3-6 months
· Current employment letter indicating the nature of work, duration and salary.
· (If previously under J-1 in U.S.) any applicable waiver of 2 year foreign residence rule.
· Educational Documents and or (For Residents Only applying for an H1B visa for the first time)
· Evidence of qualifications must be original or certified copy. Consular officers in The Bahamas may refuse to issue a visa to H-1B applicants if their education and /or work experience is solely or predominantly from a country other than the U.S. or The Bahamas and thus cannot be verified in The Bahamas.

H4: Spouse/Child of H-1A/1B/2A/2B/3
· DS-160 Confirmation Sheet
· Valid Passport (at least 6 months).
· Proof of legal status in The Bahamas: original or certified copy.
· One Passport-Sized Photo
· Older passports containing previous visas.
· Documents substantiating previous legal status in U.S.
· Non-refundable U.S. Visa Application Fee.
· Reciprocity fee (if applicable). Access http://travel.state.gov for information on reciprocity fees for your country.
· Main applicant's documents (copy).
· Proof of dependent's relationship to main applicant (must be original or certified copy - if English translation, must be a certified translation.).
· Original birth certificates of dependent children.

L1: Inter-Company Transferee (Executive, Manager)
· One Passport-Sized Photo
· Older passports (if applicable) containing previous visas.
· Documents substantiating previous legal status in the United States
· Non-refundable U.S. Visa Application Fee
· Reciprocity fee (if applicable). Access http://travel.state.gov for information on reciprocity fees for your country
· Original or copy of Notice of Approval Form I-797A or I-797B.
· Current employment letter indicating the nature of work, duration and salary.
· Recent paystubs / pay slips.
· Copy of I-129 petition completed by employer and filed with D.H.S.
· Proof applicant employed 1 out of 3 years abroad by the employer in an executive, managerial, or specialized knowledge capacity.
· Proof employer abroad still exists.
· Waiver of 2 year foreign residence rule if previously under J1 status.

Blanket L Petition
· DS-160.
· One passport-size photo.
· Older passports (if applicable) containing previous visas.
· Reciprocity fee (if applicable). Access http://travel.state.gov for information on reciprocity fees for your country.
· Original or copy of Notice of Approval Form I-797A or I-797B.
· Letter from employer stating position.
· I-129 (3 copies).
· Proof of qualifications to do job.
· $500 fraud prevention and detection fee

L2: Spouse/Child of L-1
· One recent, passport-sized photo
· Main applicant's documents (copy).
· Proof of dependent's relationship to main applicant (must be original or certified copy - if English translation, must be a certified translation).
· The spouses of L visa holders - but not their dependent children - are authorized employment with an "employment authorized" endorsement from the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services.
· Original birth certificates of dependent children

E3: Australian Specialty Occupation
· DS-160.
· Valid Australian Passport
· One Passport Sized Photo
· Approved Labor Certification Application (Form 9035) with attestations by the sponsoring employer related to wages and working conditions, filed with and approved by the Secretary of Labor or his designee
· Job offer letter from the prospective U.S. employer.
· Proof of appropriate credentials if required for the position (licenses, degrees, etc. must be originals or certified copies
· Proof of educational diplomas needed for the position.

Tips for H1B/L/E3 Non-Resident Visa Applicants

· It is a grave error for an applicant or an attorney to believe that applying for a visa in The Bahamas will be simpler or easier than applying in the applicant's home country. If you hold a passport from a country besides The Bahamas or Turks and Caicos Islands be sure to check the website of the U.S. Embassy in that country for visa information specific to your nationality. A full list of U.S. Embassy websites can be found at http://usembassy.state.gov. If you have no long term status in The Bahamas or Turks and Caicos Islands (e.g. you are a visitor and not an immigrant, refugee, student or worker), the best place to apply for a visa is in your home country. U.S. visa law is the same around the world and we give applicants without a long term, established connection to The Bahamas or Turks and Caicos Islands extra scrutiny.

· A visa application or appointment does not equal visa eligibility. Certain applicants require additional, lengthy review, which may significantly delay travel to the United States by days, weeks or even months and would require the applicant to seek permission from the Government of The Bahamas to remain in the country while processing occurs. Some applicants may simply be ineligible. The applicant bears all responsibility for qualifying for a visa. There is no prescreening, interim visa or expedited processing. By seeking a visa in The Bahamas you confirm that you understand, agree to, and accept full and sole responsibility for the outcome of your visa application. Successful applicants for work related visas should expect that it may take twenty-four hours to several days for a visa to be issued, depending on processing time required. None of these times are guaranteed and all applicants should expect delays. Ineligible applicants cannot travel to the United States, even if they came from the United States and hold a still-valid Arrival and Departure Record (I-94).

· Expedited appointments are not available for non-residents of The Bahamas and Turks and Caicos Islands. The Non-immigrant Visa Unit of the Embassy does not schedule nor re-schedule appointments nor send email confirmations of appointments already made. This is done by the Visa Information Service. Please follow the Step-by-step Guide located at http://nassau.usemba...duresapply.html for detailed instructions on the visa application process. You may also contact the Visa Information Service directly for information at: 1-800-763-6812 or 1-800-709-1892; please be aware there is a cost for their service and you will need to have a major credit card or visa scratch card available.

Once you have made an appointment and received the confirmation number, your name will appear on the Embassy’s admission list for the day of your appointment.

Please note that there is currently a 2-4 month wait for non-residents of The Bahamas and Turks and Caicos Islands
· Please come to your appointment on time and fully prepared. There is no chance to complete documents, take photos, -, purchase pre-paid courier envelopes, etc. at the Embassy. Be prepared to be inside the consulate for 2 hours or more. Applicants who come unprepared should expect to be turned away and must reschedule their appointments using the Visa Information Service.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users