3 replies to this topic

#1 Cognizant

Cognizant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:06 PM

EB3 labor & I-140 Approved with company A. I have 6.5 years experience now.

Now I have a job offer with company B for which Job requirements are: BS+4 years. I made a condition that I would join only if Company B files my Green card under EB2. They checked with the lawyer they confirmed that they are willing to proceed my labor under EB2. Company B is hesitant in writing abt my Labor filing details on the offer letter however they emailed me about this situation & they are willing to proceed with EB2 as soon as I start. is this convincing enough to start with this company?

#2 t75

t75

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,639 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:39 AM

Changing the job description in order to get faster processing is inappropriate. When discovered is an issue. If you want EB2 filing, find a legitimate EB2 job.

#3 hapatel

hapatel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:42 AM

If your new job requirement is BS+4, it will not qualify for EB2.

#4 redgreenbluee

redgreenbluee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:23 AM

please consult a lawyer.

company B will probably make a good faith effort to process your EB2 since they agree, just like any employee will make a good faith effort to stay after GC approval. overall, there's no guarantee in this matter especially employment is at-will in most cases.

Originally posted by Cognizant:
EB3 labor & I-140 Approved with company A. I have 6.5 years experience now.

Now I have a job offer with company B for which Job requirements are: BS+4 years. I made a condition that I would join only if Company B files my Green card under EB2. They checked with the lawyer they confirmed that they are willing to proceed my labor under EB2. Company B is hesitant in writing abt my Labor filing details on the offer letter however they emailed me about this situation & they are willing to proceed with EB2 as soon as I start. is this convincing enough to start with this company?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users