I-485 RFE- A complicated Case

Hello All 

I do have a pretty complicated case in here.. 

I have an approved Labor in EB3(Priority Date 8th May 2007). But sadly my I-140 was applied on EB2 which got denied(in 2014). However, before that denial happened my employer and the attorney realized the mistake and filed another I-140 in EB3 classification. which was approved in December 2015. In 2011, when the dates were moving for EB2 I had filed I-485 for me and my wife and had got EAD too. So when my EB2 I-140 was denied, they revoked the EAD's (My wife's and mine) and also denied I-485 for my wife. However, My I-485 is still shown as Pending. 

Today I got an email from USCIS ( Case status Update alerts) that an RFE is issued for my I-485. I no longer work for that employer as I felt that they were messing with my application. I waited till my EB3 I-140 got approved, waited 6 months and in the 7th month moved to a new employer. The new employer just started the process and still do not have the PERM nor I-140 approved. 

Would I be able to respond to the I-485 RFE / Request reopening my Wife's case incase if my RFE is requesting more docs like the medical etc? 

Appreciate if anyone could answer that.... 

Thanks in advance folks..

Archived